Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim issue on A52S 5G

(Topic created on: 21-07-2023 09:37 PM)
Russ-G
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I've been using this phone for the last 18 months with 2 sims, one was EE, the other Plusnet (using the EE network) and had no issues at all. Couple of weeks ago I changed from Plusnet to O2 and when I try to have both the EE and O2 sims in I'm having lots of issues - can't get a network connection, can't receive calls (just get a message saying someone has tried to call me but, speaking to whoever has tried to call me, they say they don't hear a ringing tone) etc.

Does anybody know of anything I can do to fix this issue? I've currently had to put one sim in another phone which means having to carry 2 phones which is far from ideal!
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Merlins23ultra
Navigator
Options
Hi I have an ultra 23, for some bizarre reason two sims would not work for me. One plusnet and the other EE, after several on offs and ins and outs, I swapped the sims around. Whether it was a connection problem or something else I have no idea, but it is working now. Worth a try if you have not done so. Be mindful of contaminates on the SIM cards and be extra careful when you insert the tray and SIM cards into the phone. Good luck 🤞
adiminj12345
Journeyman
Options
Use 1 sim not 2 OK
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Not sure if this would help any - but could check Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks- Network Operators and check if it is set to automatic ?
Russ-G
Apprentice
Options
Yes, that's set to auto
0 Likes
Russ-G
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, I've just tried that. Unfortunately I don't think it's made any difference. I was fine when plusnet and ee. So thinking that because they were both on the ee network, it was more stable. Now that it's flicking between ee and o2 I'm wondering if that's giving me the issues. But I'm no expert so not sure - just wish I hadn't moved to o2 🤣
0 Likes
Russ-G
Apprentice
Options
What's the point of a dual sim phone if you can only use 1 sim?
Mal100
Apprentice
Options

It is brilliant if you want to use different networks. Go abroad and buy a local sim. Cheaper than using main UK network 

That's what found anyway. 

0 Likes
Russ-G
Apprentice
Options
But not brilliant if it does t work, hence the reason for me posting
0 Likes
Merlins23ultra
Navigator
Options
Sorry to hear that Russ, very frustrating. I felt exactly the same initially, but luckily for me my 02 SIM and EE SIM are working OK now, which I could only put down a connection problem on the contacts of the SIM. My only other suegestion would be to flush the cache and ensure your running the latest software, by checking at the software updater in your settings
0 Likes