Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing emails

(Topic created on: 05-01-2024 11:58 AM)
Smudgy29
Journeyman
Options
How do I stop saved emails from disapproving?
7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Smudgy29  which application are you using and how are you saving  your emails.  For instance with Samsung email procedure is to select the desired email,tap more and save email as file.  These emails should be in the saved email folder and can be accessed online. Similarily with the gmail app  need to move to desired Folder.

However I prefer to save important emails as a PDF file (you should have a PDF Reader)  For this method need to select Print, save as PDF,next tap PDF and select the desired Folder. I would suggest Documents or Downloads, now save and the emails shall be in My Files and in the Folder that was selected.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Smudgy29
Journeyman
Options
Hi James4578
I'm using A53 5G and I save emails into a personal folder within my email list.
Should these files be saved somewhere else?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The emails should be in personal folder within email app. However they are also in My Files under Downloads-saved Emails on testing on my Device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Smudgy29
Journeyman
Options
James4578
I have looked in My Files but I don't have Downloads-saved Emails where should I be looking?
0 Likes
tracybond
First Poster
Options
my emails keep deleting even if I star them why.. how do I stop this
0 Likes
Players76
First Poster
Options
How do I retrieve my saved emails they have gone missing
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Players76: If you're using the Samsung Email app, then this may be related to your Email Sync Period. To adjust this, please open the Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > Select your account > Scroll down and tap on 'Email sync period' (this may be called 'Period to sync emails') > Increase the timeframe in which your emails will sync to your phone by choosing from the list of options. To sync your entire inbox, please select 'All time'. 

0 Likes