Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed notifications not working A53 5G

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 06:27 PM)
jolof96
Apprentice
Options
I recently updated to android 13 and one ui 5.0 and now detailed notifications are no longer working and my screen doesnt wake when I get a notification (it did before the update). Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? 
8 REPLIES 8
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
Glad someone else has finally said it! Having the same problem.
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @jolof96. I'd be happy to look into what might be causing your detailed notifications to not show, and for your display to not wake up after receiving a notification.

After you updated your A53 to One UI 5.0, did you check the Notifications (Settings > Notifications) to see if any settings had changed?

You can then toggle on Detailed notifications.

If you have done this and it still isn't working, please can you let me know which particular notifications are not showing?

PaulM1
Options

Hi, @AmberLouise. I understand that you've already submitted the Error report, so I want to get a better idea how this issue is showing up (or whether a default setting has been changed, post-update). 

0 Likes
jolof96
Apprentice
Options
Hi paul, I havent changed any settings. Detailed notifications is still switched on. The main notifications where they used to wake the screen but no longer do are messages and whatsapp. If I switch to brief everything works okay. Thanks
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
@PaulM1 I've checked all settings and nothings changed all notifications are on just nothing comes through and doesn't wake the screen. My partner has the same phone and is happening to him to.

Error report reply was they were going to pass it on and see what's happening and get back to me but nothing yet.
PaulM1
Options

Ah, that is odd, @AmberLouise. Our developers will take a detailed look at this, and will get back to you with a solution.

@jolof96, I also recommend that you flag this by completing the Error report at your earliest convenience:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
@PaulM1 thankyou! Hoping it gets resolved at some point.
sazzle2023
Journeyman
Options
Did you get this sorted Amber?
0 Likes