Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Default contact location for Galaxy A51

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 07:19 PM)
ChaHo
First Poster
Options

When I want to add a new contact, it defaults to adding it to the SIM1 card.

I dont want this, but cannot find where to change the default account for new contacts.

I've read the post about the s8/note regarding the default new contact location, but sadly this does not work for the A51, because the suggested options are not available.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarlH
Options

Hi @ChaHo. Give this a try: Open the Contacts app (the orange icon and not from the phone app), tap on the 3 lines to the top left and then on Manage Contacts. At the bottom of this list, you can choose the default storage location. Hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
CarlH
Options

Hi @ChaHo. Give this a try: Open the Contacts app (the orange icon and not from the phone app), tap on the 3 lines to the top left and then on Manage Contacts. At the bottom of this list, you can choose the default storage location. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
ChaHo
First Poster
Options

Yes, it worked. Thank you!

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Glad to hear it, @ChaHo! Let me know if you need anything else.

0 Likes
BerylM
First Poster
Options

Hi CarlH, I know this is a really old post but I was hoping that you might know where this option moved to on the newer crop of phones?  I have the Galaxy Z Flip 3, and the instructions above work fine up to the point where default storage location is at the bottom of the list under Manage Contacts - it isn't any more!

Any idea where I might look for it now?

Many thanks
BerylM

0 Likes
BerylM
First Poster
Options

In case this helps anyone else - I posted this query on another thread and someone there came up with an answer that worked for me (defaulting to google account, not using google app):

BerylM_0-1653776968387.png

Hope it helps someone else too!
BerylM

0 Likes