Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cover screen stops working

(Topic created on: 10-04-2023 07:55 AM)
Members_N1h1asF
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy A34 5G with a Smart View Wallet Case. Every day the cover screen randomly stops working. The "Cover screen" option in Settings disappears. The only way to get it working again is to restart the phone. This is infuriating.

Once restarted, I have to redo my cover screen clock style customisation which returns to default even though the default clock type is not selected.

When the cover stops working, if I do a *#0*# diagnostic test, the Hall IC detects the cover without any problem.

Is there a known fix for this that actually works? I have seen many similar posts but no solution.

8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Members_N1h1asF ,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue with the Smart View cover. May I ask when and where did you get this from and if you have experienced this since you got it?

There are also a few steps that you can try to get this sorted:

1. Check if the phone software is up to date from the phone Settings> Software update> Download and install.

2. Check if there are any pending updates available for the phone apps from the Google Play Store and the Galaxy Store> Menu> Manage my apps and device/My apps> Update all.

3. Would you be able to run the phone in Safe mode and see if the same thing happens? Find how to do this here: How to start my Galaxy phone or tablet in Safe Mode | Samsung UK

Members_N1h1asF
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks for your reply.

I bought the phone and the wallet case from www.samsung.com/uk/

I will try Safe Mode and report back here.

Members_N1h1asF
Apprentice
Options

Response to your questions:

Yes, I have experienced this issue since receiving the phone. As soon as I got the phone I transferred data and apps from my old phone using Smart Switch.

1. Phone software, Play Store and Galaxy Store apps are all up-to-date.

2. No pending updates.

3. I ran Safe Mode for 2 days and did not have the problem. After exiting safe mode the problem has returned.

Members_N1h1asF
Apprentice
Options

Cover screen was working at 10pm. Checked the time at 5:30 next morning...not working. Checked time at 6:35...working. Alarm went off at 7:00am...not working.

If there is no solution this will be my last Samsung phone, unfortunately.

JordanS
Options

As the issue didn't occur while in Safe Mode, this indicates there is a downloaded app that is interfering. You would need to locate the app in question by uninstalling them one by one, then either keep it uninstalled or contact the app developer for a fix. 

MCage201341
First Poster
Options

The same with my A54 and smart cover. Randomly stops working.. same apps installed as with my A53 and smart cover (even less) and never had issue there.

Its either a NFC issue with the device or a firmware issue. Since so many seem.to have these issues I recon Samsung needs to address this seriously instead of the generic 'its not our problem' quotes.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Yes, you will have to type everything manually.
0 Likes
CraigNatvig
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue since the software upgrade about 4 days ago

0 Likes