Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Computer can't detect my phone

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
InStinct91
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung A54, recently purchased. I wanted to transfer my Gallery to my Lenovo Laptop. When I connect the charger to the PC, I don't get a notification "USB charging". The phone is charging, but I don't get a notification and my Laptop also doesn't react to my phone being connected in any way. Even after entering developer mode on my phne and changing the USB default to "file transfer" my PC won't detect it. I tried using Phonelink, that appeared to almost work, but I can't access my full gallery there, at least, there is no easy way to transfer all photos from the gallery to my PC. I tried Quickshare, but apparently my Laptop is not compatible because my Bluetooth driver is not Intel. In my last desperation I sent all the photos to myself on Messenger and downloaded them manually one by one. It made the process extremely tedious, and also, questionably safe. I'd love to get some help or advice. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You don't need to download anything on the computer.

I just transferred a whole folder to my PC via quick share link.

Go for the share using QR code and then copy the link at the bottom..

Share the link either via email or in my case I just sent it to myself on WhatsApp ( I have WhatsApp on my pc) and download from there.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Connection problems aside...if you're syncing your gallery to Microsoft OneDrive, then just open OneDrive app on your PC, or go to OneDrive website and xfer them that way.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@InStinct91: The Galaxy A54 features 'Link to Windows', which you can utilise to transfer media from your phone to your Windows laptop or PC. To find out more, please take a look at the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083910/

Alternatively, please take a look at page 63 of the user manual via the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202404/20240417175834684/SM-A346_A546_UM_EU_UU_Eng_Rev...

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
InStinct91
Apprentice
Options

Hello, thank you for your reply. As I wrote in my post, I have already tried linking my phone with windows, but unfortunately when I click on "Photos" in that application, only a very small fraction of my pictures are visible there, and I can only access all the photos in my Gallery by launching the "Gallery" application with the app, which is kind of useless, because it doesn't allow for transfer. 

0 Likes
InStinct91
Apprentice
Options

There are also videos on my Phone that I'd like to transfer and the phone link app doesn't even allow for that at all. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use Google One for photo backup so. I can then access them both on phone and computer without an transfers.

Also you could have used smartswitch.

Can't understand why the phone link was not working for you.

Samsung has so many options.

I believe you can even stick a USB stick on your phone and copy there and then transfer to your PC as well.

Quickshare can be downloaded via link as well so don't really need the Bluetooth and stuff.
0 Likes
InStinct91
Apprentice
Options

I could download Quickshare from the windows store but when I launch Quickshare it just says my computer is not compatible and doesn't even start. Since I have Windows 11, it has to be because of the drivers. My drivers are up to date, but the hardware is not Intel, like it says in the hardware requirements for Quickshare. Phone Link does work, but it's insufficient, because Phone Link only sees pictures in the Camera Roll and in the Screenshots folder. It doesn't see pictures I downloaded for example, and it doesn't see videos at all. 

0 Likes
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You don't need to download anything on the computer.

I just transferred a whole folder to my PC via quick share link.

Go for the share using QR code and then copy the link at the bottom..

Share the link either via email or in my case I just sent it to myself on WhatsApp ( I have WhatsApp on my pc) and download from there.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under quickshare settings maybe turn ON share using WiFi only if you don't have unlimited mobile data.
0 Likes
InStinct91
Apprentice
Options

That's probably as easy as it's going to get. Thanks.