Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging phone in the car

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 09:54 PM)
Colin9
Explorer
Options
My Galaxy A3 2017 has decided it doesn't like the USB socket in my car. I used to be able to charge the phone from this socket whilst using it for navigation. Now the screen just goes blank and unresponsive until I remove the charging cable, when it starts working again. It will charge OK from a mains charger, and from the accessory power socket in the car. Just not from a USB socket. My wife's Samsung phone works fine from the same USB socket so it doesn't seem like a problem with the car, the socket, or the cable. It seems like a phone problem. I've tried restarting it without resolving the issue. Any ideas?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It might be worth speaking to your car dealership or have a search for a car forum with some owners who use the same set up as you to see if they've found a workaround @Colin9 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Colin9
Explorer
Options
Thanks @BandOfBrothers. I don't think it's the car, because as I said another Samsung phone works just fine. Also the car has not had any software or app updates, whereas the phone has had several. My guess is that some change to the phone has had this undesired effect, and I don't know how to track that down.
0 Likes