Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant auto connect mobile data

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 02:31 PM)
Tonybos
Student
Options
My Galaxy won't auto connect mobile data. Disable, then enable and alls fine. Driving me mad. Have tried another Galaxy and new sim to no avail. Is there another setting that I am missing
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi,

As far as my experience goes with my phone's my mobile data auto connects and only changes if I turn Off Mobile Data,  or turn on Wi-Fi,  or use the auto connect to Wi-Fi.

If you've tried your sim in another   Galaxy  phone and tried a new sim to  no avail  then this could point to a network issue, and not a phone issue.

The phone has a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App under GetHelp Section and then diagnostic.

However a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can look at the phone.

Does this happen in one place or everywhere @Tonybos 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Tonybos
Student
Options
Hi, it happens everywhere. I have a new a02s with the problem, exchanged for an a22 5g, still the same problem, put in a new Vodafone sim card and still the problem. It will not connect the mobile data until I switch off mobile data, and then re enable, it then connects instantly
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

So I'm still thinking this is a network issue however as I mentioned a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look for you.

Try resetting the network connection under Settings,  General Management and then Reset and Reset Network Connection.

Bear in mind your WiFi and Bluetooth pairings will need to be reset back up.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tonybos: Can you try heading to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > Switch To Mobile Data, and toggle this option on. This should automatically turn on Mobile Data when you're out of range of your Wi-Fi router. 

0 Likes