Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cable or OTG adaptor to transfer data from iPhone 11 Pro to Galaxy A52 5g

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 06:32 PM)
FormerAppleUser
Apprentice
Options

I'm new to Samsung (and Android phones too after many years!), and have recently purchased a Galaxy A52 5g.

Has anyone got any first-hand experience of transferring data (contacts, photos etc) from an Apple iPhone 11 Pro (Apple Lightning port) to Samsung Galaxy A series (also  USB Type C port)?

I plan to use the Samsung Smart Switch app, and in line with the advice on the Samsung UK website, prefer to use the WIRED option instead of wireless.

Does anyone know if a USB-C to USB-C cable will work? Or do I have to use a Samsung OTG (USB-A to USB-C) adaptor?

Thanks in advance,

FAU

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
FormerAppleUser
Apprentice
Options

I have edited my original post as I gave the incorrect port information for the iPhone. It is Apple's proprietary Lightning port (and NOT USB Type C as I originally posted).

I have successfully used the charger cable that came with the iPhone to connect the Samsung Galaxy A52 5g to the Apple iPhone 11 Pro. (Lightning to USB-C), so didn't need to buy any adaptors or cables.

Top tip - you need to remove the Apple backup encryption password (if you have one set up in iTunes) BEFORE you attempt to migrate your data from the iPhone. Otherwise, you will have to use the iCloud (wireless) route instead for Samsung Smart Switch..

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Both are fine, the otg adapter is only for those who have a standard USB A on the end of their old phone charger. If you already have a usb C to C cable then you won't need the adapter.
0 Likes
Solution
FormerAppleUser
Apprentice
Options

I have edited my original post as I gave the incorrect port information for the iPhone. It is Apple's proprietary Lightning port (and NOT USB Type C as I originally posted).

I have successfully used the charger cable that came with the iPhone to connect the Samsung Galaxy A52 5g to the Apple iPhone 11 Pro. (Lightning to USB-C), so didn't need to buy any adaptors or cables.

Top tip - you need to remove the Apple backup encryption password (if you have one set up in iTunes) BEFORE you attempt to migrate your data from the iPhone. Otherwise, you will have to use the iCloud (wireless) route instead for Samsung Smart Switch..

0 Likes
FormerAppleUser
Apprentice
Options

@Shazzkid - thank you for yoru quick reply. I gave the wrong info for the port on the iPhone, apologies.

0 Likes