Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Samsung a14 charging slow

(Topic created on: 15-04-2024 06:56 AM)
A14junk
First Poster
Options

From the time I first brought my Samsung A14 it has been charging extremely slow. From what I have read it seems to be a common problem with A14.

I have thought about returning it to Walmart and pay $50 more and get the A15. Would the A15 still have the same slow charging problem? I've owned A series phones before and it's never been a problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you turned fast charging on in settings?
S24 Ultra
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The A14 has  a maximum charging speed of 15 watts, whilts the A15 supports up to 25W  with a  compatible charger. A comparison here https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-galaxy-a15-vs-galaxy-a14-5g/ 

However some troubleshooting you could  undertake if your Device charging more slowly than expected with Fast charging enabled. Ensure there is no issue with charger/cable and no debris/mositure in the charging port.Whilst you are charging ensure unnecessaey background apps are closed as that will have an impact.  If you have downloaded outwidth the official stores some of these apps can cause issues if not a reliable source.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.