Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth not connecting mail and messages when connected to the car

(Topic created on: 27-03-2024 02:22 PM)
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung A54 5g, it’s only 3 months old. Everything was fine prior to update. Now when I connect Bluetooth to my car, I only get calls in or out. I used to get my emails and my text messages but not any longer. In settings there should be a further 2 buttons for mail and messages but they are missing. I’ve reset WiFi and Bluetooth, restarted phone and it still only connects for calls. Anyone else had this issue? Trying Samsung chat but been waiting an hour or more.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Yeah, a bit peed off lol, was fine till the update, it was about 6 months ago . Frustrating not getting the texts and emails in the car. I’ve got the blue mail working, easy to set up and have force stopped the Samsung email for now and will try Bluetooth tomorrow. It’s a poor show from Samsung though, all they said was clear the cache

0 Likes
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Well, I uninstalled Samsung email, so only blue mail in now. Deleted Bluetooth connection to car. Restarted phone, paired it and it’s just the same. No texts or emails, don’t get the extra 2 buttons in the settings. Pretty peed off, keep having to check phone all the time. Good job I’m mostly the passenger 😜 

0 Likes
mranim8or
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear that. I tried it on the Tesla this morning and it worked ok for me.  I wonder if these are issues with the car software, not Samsung software. I might message Tesla about it.  Have you talked to Mercedes tech support?

0 Likes
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Worth asking, glad yours is working now.

0 Likes
Solution
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Finally resolved, not an email issue but a Bluetooth one. For mine to work on our new phones, I had to go into Bluetooth settings, change it from imap 1.4 to imap 1.2. Now works on both of our phones. Hope this helps someone else

0 Likes