Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth not connecting mail and messages when connected to the car

(Topic created on: 29-11-2023 04:19 PM)
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung A54 5g, it’s only 3 months old. Everything was fine prior to update. Now when I connect Bluetooth to my car, I only get calls in or out. I used to get my emails and my text messages but not any longer. In settings there should be a further 2 buttons for mail and messages but they are missing. I’ve reset WiFi and Bluetooth, restarted phone and it still only connects for calls. Anyone else had this issue? Trying Samsung chat but been waiting an hour or more.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Finally resolved, not an email issue but a Bluetooth one. For mine to work on our new phones, I had to go into Bluetooth settings, change it from imap 1.4 to imap 1.2. Now works on both of our phones. Hope this helps someone else

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Has this been fixed yet? As I still no longer get text or emails whilst connect in the car.

0 Likes
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Still no fix yet? Tried everything, it’s a real pain. Anyone help?

0 Likes
mranim8or
Apprentice
Options

What kind of car do you have? I just bought a Tesla Model Y and I'm in the same boat, as is my daughter (S9) and wife (S22 Ultra).  Son is ok, he's using an iPhone.  I found a solution on another thread...its to remove the default Email app entirely and use a 3rd party app like BlueMail.  Apparently the stupid Samsung email app interferes with text messaging somehow.

mranim8or
Apprentice
Options

It might be car dependent too...all our phones work fine on my old Chevy Volt. Just not on the new Tesla. Ugh.

0 Likes
weefifer
Explorer
Options

I have a Mercedes glc, I had no problem at all over the years, but it’s from an update that it no longer works. Why can’t they fix it?

0 Likes
weefifer
Explorer
Options

What was the other thread?

0 Likes
mranim8or
Apprentice
Options

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S22/Message-won-t-send-or-receive-on-2022-Tesla/td-p/2402...

Thats one of the places I saw it mentioned. I've also heard that in the case of Tesla's it worked for everything before model year 2022.   And one guy mentioned that he thought it was due to an update (though like 6 months ago or something). I can't find that thread now though, it was on another board iirc.

Hopefully Samsung can get it fixed, assuming they know its a problem. Ridiculous.

0 Likes
weefifer
Explorer
Options

Thanks, I will have a look. Have downloaded the blue mail app, did you uninstall the Samsung email app?

0 Likes
mranim8or
Apprentice
Options

No, I haven't tried it yet.  My wife's got the car at work today so I'll likely give it a shot tonight. She wasn't happy that she'd have to replace the default email app. I know the feeling.

0 Likes