Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up my A52S 5G

(Topic created on: 09-07-2024 05:57 PM)
Esseven
Explorer
Options
Spoiler
I want to automatically back up my phone to Google One as shown on the web site. Part of the instructions say 
  • Once set, your Galaxy phone will automatically back up when it is connected to Wi-Fi after being idle and charging for two hours.

Why does my phone have to be idle and charging for two hours?  Why doesn't it just back up automatically?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's just the way it is, unfortunately. I suppose it's designed so as not to interfere with the normal operation of the phone when you are most likely to be using it ie slowdowns etc. So, in answer to your question...it is backing up automatically, just not when you want it to.
If you want a definitive answer, then reach out to Google.

FYI, you can manually back up by using the back up now button.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's just the way it is, unfortunately. I suppose it's designed so as not to interfere with the normal operation of the phone when you are most likely to be using it ie slowdowns etc. So, in answer to your question...it is backing up automatically, just not when you want it to.
If you want a definitive answer, then reach out to Google.

FYI, you can manually back up by using the back up now button.
0 Likes
keith30
Mastermind
Options
Google Drive does the same time as the Google One that's how it works.
0 Likes
Esseven
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply Robin.

So thinking about it, maybe using the Samsung Cloud is a better bet? The description seems to suggest that it just runs automatically provided the phone is charging, the screen is off and it's connected to Wi-Fi? How long does a back up take approximately?

Esseven
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply Keith.  You're speaking to a techno dummy here!  What's the difference between Google Drive and Google One? In my simplistic way, I just thought that I had a Google account?

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use both tbh. Neither take very long.
0 Likes