Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio call terribly distorted on data calls

(Topic created on: 19-12-2022 01:16 PM)
jason-i
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I upgraded my galaxy A71 to android 13 on 8th December and 3 days ago I noticed the audio on data calls (WhatsApp, Instagram, Google Meet, Zoom, Teams voice and video calls) is now distorted. The receiver cannot hear me clearly as it sounds like a DJ's turntable scratches, but they can see the video clearly without any lag (if it's a video call). This doesn't happen on normal phone calls, only data calls. Has anyone experienced something like this before and what could be the cause. Thanks.   

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @jason-i ,

that is really odd. Do the same thing happens if you made a call when the phone is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network? Have you checked if there are any new updates available for any of the apps from the Google Play Store> Menu> Manage my apps and device? 

0 Likes
jason-i
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, it's the same thing on any WiFI network and I've updated all the affected apps. Currently there's no new update for the phone or the apps.

0 Likes
Meg-ie
First Poster
Options
Hi @jason-i
I'm having same problem after update on 20th. Sound distorted on video apps. I can record and I'm heard no problem but as soon as I try a video call I'm seen but not heard. Have tried updating apps, clearing caches, force stops, resetting wifi etc. Nothing. I'm hoping someone or the developers come up with something soon. They only other advice I was given was to do a factory reset which I'm very reluctant to do.
0 Likes
jason-i
Journeyman
Options
Yeah, I'm reluctant to do a factory reset as well 😄.
0 Likes
Samsume
Apprentice
Options

I am facing same problem after update to android 13. I don't think I can do a factory reset either.  This feels like an easy one to supply a patch for. Just feels like the mic data shared between the OS and the apps is misconfigured somewhere. Samsung, Please identify and fix this issue at the earliest. We cannot factory reset the device. Buying other brand phone is easier. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
jason-i
Journeyman
Options
I think everyone facing this issue should send a feedback in the support section of the Samsung Members app. I've done that, hopefully they're working on a patch.
bcpadd
Apprentice
Options

Have the same issue in my A12. It happens in apps like WhatsApp and also during WiFi calls.

0 Likes
jason-i
Journeyman
Options
I ended up doing a factory reset after sending diagnostic logs and they couldn't see the issue. Do a backup with SmartSwitch and then factory reset.
0 Likes
bcpadd
Apprentice
Options

Dose it resolve the problem?

0 Likes