Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 call voice problem

(Topic created on: 27-04-2023 06:07 PM)
MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I bought a new A53 one month ago. There are two issues with the call voice of the phone:

1) When a person calls me, when I pick up the phone, the person who called me, hears a FISHHHHH noise for almost one second. Then we can talk normally.

2) In cases this noise preceeded the call, the voice of the person who called me is distorted. In other words I cannot hear some words in a sentence.

I reset fatory the phone, reflash the phone, take off the lens protector, take off the case protector but none of them solve the problem.

Is this a hardware problem or software problem?

And is there any solution for that?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
You can run some diagnostic test through the Samsung members app to see if it flags any issues. You can also check if WiFi calling and VoLTE is enabled and if it is, try disabling to see if the call quality improves. If none of this helps, then you may have a faulty device and would need to speak Samsung support or take it back to where you purchased it from. Are you on the latest update and security patch which came out this week?
MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

I ran the tests, all were ok. Enabling and disabling Wifi and VoLTE have not changed the problem. Even i changed the SIM card, but no change in the situation.

We do not have official sumsung center in our country but importer company garantee the phone. I brought the phone to them and they reflash it. But the problem still exists. I am on the latest update of the phone software and apps.

Everything in my phone is running well. Just this dostortion of voice randomly occurs in some the calls.

So in your opinion there is a hardware problem in my phone?

But why is it random and it is not in all calls?!

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried to wipe the cache partition after the update.https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/. If it is random and not all calls, it could be a software issue. However if you are still having issues, get your supplier you brought it from to replace it rather than reflash it.
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
Try another sim card
MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

I have not tried to wipe the cache partition after the update but the issue is that when the garantee company reflashed my phone, the problem still existed before I updated the phone. So i do not think wiping the cache can solve this problem. In addition i have worked with A51 and A52 as well and updated them always. Neither of them have this problem.

0 Likes
MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

I have two sim cards in the phone. For both of them this problem occurs randomly. Also i changed one of the sim cards yesterday, the problem did not solved.

0 Likes
MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

The problem did not solve. I gave the phone to garantee center. First they said this is almost not strange for models A33, 53 & 73 as their antenna is week, and they should change the main board of phone to solve the problem. After a week, yesterday they told me they could not solve the problem and gave me another sealed new A53 phone.

Surprisingly in this phone the problem happened again. So it seems all A53 phones has software problem even in their updated software.

This problem can be a good "case study" for A53 sumsung design team. Hope they can solve it in prospective update of phone.

0 Likes
MrKaveh
Pioneer
Options

In the new phone, when I put network mode of SIM 1 to 2G, the problem occurs, but when I put network mode of SIM 1 to 4G, the problem goes away. I wonder why It is like this?!!

0 Likes