Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempt to invoke virtual method on Samsung A50

(Topic created on: 02-08-2022 07:25 PM)
Aa50
Apprentice
Options

For more than a week now, regularly, this message pops up on my phone:

"Attempt to invoke virtual method double android location. Location.getLatitude() on a null object reference."

Can someone please tell me how I can get rid of this?

Many thanks!

Dirk

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Aa50: Please can you try restarting your Galaxy A50 in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

Monitor the device for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the issue, and if the message doesn't appear then please restart the phone as you would normally, and uninstall any recently added applications. If the problem persists, head to Settings > Location > App permissions, and check which apps are listed in the 'Allowed all the time' section. If you see any third party apps listed here, tap on them and change the permission accordingly. Go back > Improve accuracy, and toggle off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Aa50
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thks for your help!

The problem does not occur in safe mode. I did exactly as you said  (changed the permission) but the problem was not solved.

I'm monitoring every app individually now to see which one could be causing this.

Or do you see another way to solve this?

Dirk

0 Likes
Richard Kinzel
Student
Options

Hey Dirk,

Have you found out what the problem is yet? For about one or two weeks (just like you) I have been experiencing the exact same issue on my Motorola. However, after monitoring my apps I have not been able to find out which one causes the problem.

I would love to know what caused your issue, perhaps it is the same app as with me.

Richard

0 Likes
WillemW
First Poster
Options

Hey all,

I'm having the same issue. Anyone for an update? Is there an error log in Android to search for this event?

Gr Willem

0 Likes
Richard Kinzel
Student
Options

Hey Willem,

I solved the problem by deleting Buienalarm. Apparently there was an update of the app that caused the issue. Guess I'm using Buienradar from now on 😁

Hope this helps!

Richard

0 Likes