Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Default. (Forced.)

(Topic created on: 31-07-2022 11:04 PM)
CodyH
Voyager
Options
Seems since did the latest phone update that been forced to have one of browers as default even knowing don't want any as default.
What do you all think of this.??

I mean at least chrome was chosen from options but still would like to have option choose none as default myself.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To be honest I've not noticed if that option was available as any point to have none set as default @CodyH 

One would really need to be set to allow a seamless page connection via a particular browser which then allows the browser to assess the page / security protocols / ad blockers etc.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
That's how mine was set until system update did around 2 days ago and miss it.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ah OK.

Then I'd suggest to send feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section making the suggestion to return a particular setting you liked before the system change after an update @CodyH 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
I did the saud to post hear.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@CodyH: The default browser option is only applicable when opening links in other applications, so you still have the freedom to use whichever browser you want outside of this scenario. If you would like to change the default browser then you can do so by heading to Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > Browser app. 

0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
That's one of issues say open a link from email sent like get options to choose which browser used to open it as differently browser are better with different things for example.
Also thanks for telling me wear can go to change it just shame not option there for: = No Default. (Like wanted.)

Thank you for replying.
0 Likes