Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APTX support

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 09:10 AM)
Chris140
Explorer
Options

Does the A70 support APTX and if so which version of APTX (Low latency, HD, Adaptive, etc.?

Chris

56 REPLIES 56
ml_c2
Journeyman
Options

The Spec sheet https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s20/specs/ under Bluetooth says:

Scalable Codec: Enhanced Bluetooth connection under ambient radio frequency interference

Could "Enhanced Bluetooth" be Qualcomm APTX Adaptive https://www.aptx.com/aptx-adaptive, which includes backward compatibility to APTX-HD? 

If not. what is this? 

Someone, please confirm!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

No, this is refering to Samsung's own "Scalable" codec. They use it on their Galaxy Buds and other audio products.

0 Likes
ml_c2
Journeyman
Options

This is a real shame. It's the one thing stopping me from ordering one of the new S20 phones

Chris140
Explorer
Options
  • It is not acceptable to ignore this post. I want an answer.
AntS
Options

@Chris140 wrote:
  • It is not acceptable to ignore this post. I want an answer.

Hi @Chris140 . We've asked our Product team about aptX support for the S20, and are awaiting an answer from them. Once we have it we'll update you all. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

AntS
Options

@Chris140 , I also asked our Mobile Software R&D team. They've confirmed that the S20 range does support aptX - but which version isn't specified in the spec info they currently have. I'll let you know what the Product team come back to me with too. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
RSVM
Apprentice
Options

Hi there Samsung,

I've been following the discussion a bit and want to add my two cents. 

I've had Aptx HD capable headphones for two years already, looking jeallously towards people with non-samsung phones that actually support 24 bit Aptx HD streaming. Two years on, just bought headphones that support next generation Aptx Adaptive, Samsung still only supports Aptx 16bit, while on their new phone removing the headphone jack in the meanwhile. Huge dissapointment for all people that like listening to high quality music. ( Nobody likes lo-fi )

I was looking at upgrading to an S20 soon but this is seriously making me reconsider. Not just because of a missing bluetooth codec, but because Samsung has shown their disconnect with what their customers want. They are not paying attention, instead only throwing high camera specs on the billboards, while totally ignoring the fact that people like listening to music, as more and more swap theirbuds for capable larger headphones.

Maybe the moderator can make a plea to Samsung to finally make that extra licensing fee for the new codec, avoid people running away to other brands. At least don't leave us in the dark with maybe this, maybe that so we can make a choice either to stay with Samsung or move on towards the next best thing

ml_c2
Journeyman
Options

oh, I wish this were true for the S20  series (from previous reply)

As for specific versions, aptX HD was found to be suspectible to audio chopping whilst streaming during the developers' tests, so they've opted to implement aptX Adaptive support instead. Nothing definitive from them in the 'when' that will be implemented though, but likely to come in a future software update.

0 Likes
Chris140
Explorer
Options

Look you moderator,

Get me my answer: Why does the S20  still not support APTX ADAPTIVE CHIP?

This is your last chance to ignore me.  I suggest you go higher. DO IT WITHOUT HESITATION.

This issue has been since the A70. Every one of your promises has only yielded a lie. THIS TIME GET ME THE TRUTH FROM SOMEONE HIGHER UP.

Ian095
Journeyman
Options

Samsung won't add APTXHD purely because even my Note 8 from over 2 years ago is capable of supporting it yet doesn't. People have had this same problem with Samsung for ages. They support LDAC which is used by Sony headphones/earphones so if you own a Samsung, Sony earphones that use LDAC are your best bet. Ironic as LDAC is more demanding than APTXHD.

0 Likes