Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

After system update the sound stop working on bluetooth phones

(Topic created on: 29-01-2022 07:33 PM)
Shuro
Apprentice
Options

Hi, yesterday I updated the android system on my phone and after this update my two bluetooth headphones stopped working. One cheaper, soundpeats trustair 2, and one more expensive, marshal minor III. They still worked before the update. I tried resetting the phone, resetting the network settings, I looked at the headphone output setting, the sound setting. Everything was OK. Well, the sound still doesn't work. If I play the video, the video cuts and the sound doesn't work. The headphones flash just like a video clip. The same goes for playing music with spotify. The headphones flash and the sound doesn't work.

Do you know how to fix it?

9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try unpairing the device's
And repairing the device's
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I discovered that, after the update, the calls slider was still on but the audio slider had been switched off. You can find these in the BT menu when you select the paired device.

max_1921
Student
Options

I have the same problem after the Android 12 update on my Galaxy A52.

Phone calls still work, and also the bluetooth connection of my soundpeats trueair2 with other devices (non-Android-12 OS) still works perfectly.

Audio levels are ok.
A video or audio just streaming on my phone stops working after the bluetooth connection switches on.
I supposed it was a network reset problem but it didn't work, and also factory reset didn't solve the problem...

Solution
max_1921
Student
Options

I found this solution:

'You can also Enable "Turn Off A2DP hardware offload" option under Developer Options to Fix this issue.'

at the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_KixDxla3w&ab_channel=AshokUdhayan.

It works for me. Not so easy...

Koli021
First Poster
Options

thanks this is working

Solution
Shuro
Apprentice
Options

I also found another solution. In the sound settings, just go to the separate sound app and turn this feature on any unused app. The sound should start working.

Or set the audio codec to SBC or AAC in the developer settings. But in my case, the settings have somehow fooled me, and since then I can't set a codec other than SBC.

Evrenn
First Poster
Options

Thank u Einstein

0 Likes
vampyren
Journeyman
Options

Man you saved me so much time! I did factory reset and everything and was about to do it again. And turning off the toggle in "separate sound app" fixed this for me! 

WTF is this *****. I did not even change anything. I think this happened after i made  the last update for April 2023 for my S23 Ultra! 

Thanks again!

Ibrahimlucky7
Apprentice
Options

Can you please explain me how really you did the fix thanks in advance

0 Likes