Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 crash

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 04:12 AM)
A71 Frustrated
First Poster
Options

Phone suddenly crashed and wouldn’t turn in. Screen remained black tho I could hear phone receiving messages and stuff. Couldn’t reset.  Tho didn’t drop in water, put phone in rice and two days later, when pressed start button many times, could hear sounds but still black screen, after trying more restarts, black screen turned to greenish yellow. Content was very blur. Took it to the shop where i bought the phone, when I turned it on back to normal. BUT, a few days later today phone again suddenly turned greenish yellow with content really blur. What’s wrong with the phone? Regret buying samsung

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Not good !

First remove any sd card as a glitching one can cause issues.

Make sure there are no pending software updates via the phone's settings.

Check for any updates for your apps.

If your able to access it then these are the steps I would try if it was my phone @A71 Frustrated 

1. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. 

2. Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

3. Back up and remove any relevant sd card and factory reset.

4. Ask for the phone to be checked via an authorised engineer via a Service Centre and or swapped out if possible.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Safe Mode is acquired via a set series of.button presses @A71 Frustrated 

How-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode 

Samsung Galaxy a71 Safe Mode.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Not good !

First remove any sd card as a glitching one can cause issues.

Make sure there are no pending software updates via the phone's settings.

Check for any updates for your apps.

If your able to access it then these are the steps I would try if it was my phone @A71 Frustrated 

1. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. 

2. Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

3. Back up and remove any relevant sd card and factory reset.

4. Ask for the phone to be checked via an authorised engineer via a Service Centre and or swapped out if possible.

0 Likes
A71 Frustrated
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot. The irony of this is that i have to use the phone to sign into the Samsung Community to reply because of the two step verification!!! And the buttons just won't respond!! I will try what you suggest. but There is no safemode button tho only restart, power off and emergency mode.. Is safe mode the same as that?

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Safe Mode is acquired via a set series of.button presses @A71 Frustrated 

How-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode 

Samsung Galaxy a71 Safe Mode.  

0 Likes