Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70, screen dims itself, performance drops, even though battery optimization is switched off.

(Topic created on: 05-03-2020 08:13 PM)
ZidovZG
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, I've had this problem since day one and it persisted after the Factory Reset.

Every now and then (after a few minutes to half hour) my screen dims itself a lot. I can't make it brighter because it's already cranked up to maximum and automatic brightness is switched off. 

At first I thought the problem is only in screen brightness, but later on I've noticed that it also affects performance in video games. So I'm guessing that for some reason my phone enter the battery saving mode by itself. It doesn't matter is the phone is full or almost dead, plugged of unplugged. I've tried to switch on and off battery saver, tweak its setting, but it doesn't help.

It happens more often in some apps than in others, but it does happen all the time. While browsing in Chrome, watching YouTube, playing games, messaging etc.

It's really super annoying, please help. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I don't think there is an actual off setting, I think its default is "balanced " which still dims the screen at low battery
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Are you sure you've got all the auto stuff turned off ?
0 Likes
ZidovZG
First Poster
Options

The problem is, it happens even if I'm plugged in or if the battery is like 60%+.

0 Likes
ZidovZG
First Poster
Options

@GingerSteve wrote:
Are you sure you've got all the auto stuff turned off ?

Pretty sure. It's possible I missed something, what stuff exactly are we talking about?

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Theres too much auto optimisation, like in the device care section auto optimise settings option,
Then there is the adaptive power saving option and the adaptive battery option too , it would be easier if all optimisation settings were in just one place .
I mean all my auto stuff is off, apart from obviously the power mode option as there is not actual "full performance " mode that I can see, so there will always be some sort of system based automatic behind the scenes stuff going on.
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Did you say you have auto brightness off ? Have you tried turning everything on then off ? I know my fast charge would sometimes activate even when the toggle is off, so I'd pull the cable, turn fast charge on then off again, and it would then be ok on slower charge.

It's like some settings are getting stuck.

Although I did find a reset and partition cache wipe helped a bit.
0 Likes
ZidovZG
First Poster
Options

Yeah, auto brightness is off, shiwching it on and back off does not help. The screen goes back to full brightness as suddenly as it goes off it.

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Do you update the game launcher and the game tool apps ? If so have do you wipe the cache in the apps after updates? I've noticed sometimes the updates can bring issues with them.
0 Likes
ZidovZG
First Poster
Options

Everything updates automatically. I've just tried switching off the game launcher and removing system permissions for game optimizer. It did not help.

0 Likes