Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 reboots randomly in middle of video calls

(Topic created on: 26-05-2023 03:19 PM)
Jaiyr
Apprentice
Options

For several months, phone has experienced random soft reboots while in the middle of video calls.  It happens on Slack huddles all the time, but also on Zoom calls and, recently, also on Signal video calls.

First noticed this around the end of 2022.

I recently (May 2023) received an OTA update, but no improvement.

Phone is a Galaxy A70 SM-A705MN, Android 11, One UI 3.1, baseband A705MNXXS5DWD1.

See also similar problem in the S20 forum.

2 REPLIES 2
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Jaiyr. That's very strange. I'm not sure which steps you've tried thus far. If you haven't already done so, I recommend submitting an Error report (preferably within 15 minutes of the issue occurring).

To submit an Error report, please launch the Samsung Members app > Tap Support > Scroll down and tap Error reports > Choose a category of Error report to submit > Complete the required details and then send the report by tapping the send icon.

Please let me know when you get your video calls working on your A70 as expected again. 

0 Likes
Jaiyr
Apprentice
Options

Hi @PaulM1 , thanks for the reply.

I shall send an error report next time this happens.  However, when I tried sending a Slack error to Slack's customer support, they informed me that there was no useful info.  I suspect that the phone reboots before any last log messages have been written out and they are lost.

But since this is clearly not just a Slack problem, I shall send your log in the hope that that contains more info.

0 Likes