Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update broke mobile data

(Topic created on: 11-07-2023 12:24 AM)
100000000000000000th
First Poster
Options

So much added complexity just to see this site let alone get help.

The latest update was mind you the worst timing, 2am forced reboot of phone, that has to be locked, so after update no alarm no notices nada till woke up at noon late for work

Aside from that the update seems to have broke mobile data.

I can use wifi, mobile data works 5-10mins then the 5g symbol vanishes, no data for anything. Only solution rebooting the phone every few mins to keep emails synced for job stuff.

I can't factory reset, zero options since all the app data is either keep it or 1 fired 2 owe large fines so isn't a option.

But I also can't keep stopping work to reboot phone to stay connected either

Phone worked no issues before the update and now new update is massive laggy sometimes and then phone just reboots randomly, and the mobile data issues

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @100000000000000000th 

I'm on the latest July update but I choose not to use 5G so have turned that off on my Settings > Connections and use 4G and 4G+.

Perhaps try this to see if you get data connection on 4G ?

You could try resetting your Network Connections in General Management.

And try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
HateVerizon
First Poster
Options

I tried all of the fixes below and none of them worked. I still can't make or receive any calls or texts. Even the emergency call option is broken. Any other ideas?

0 Likes