Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 unresponsive screen and cog symbol

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 12:59 PM)
CorinaMc22
Apprentice
Options

My A53 screen started intermittently being responsive, then completely stopped being responsive. I cracked the screen about 5 months ago and although it worked perfectly fine still, I thought the unresponsive screen issue may have been related to the cracked screen. I got the screen repaired and it was working perfectly for three days then is now completely unresponsive again. I also have a strange cog icon that has a T through it with two dots (see below). I got the same icon appear the last time when it was unresponsive and I cannot find what that icon means? Anyone else had this issue or know what that cog means?SamsungA53-cog-error-unresponsive-screen.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, that cog appears when the phone has been restarted.
Near the bottom of the screen, it says to swipe to unlock.
CorinaMc22
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. That makes sense as I did manage to do a restart using the side buttons to see if that fixed the issue. Unfortunately, it had no effect as the screen is completely unresponsive so I can't swipe to unlock. Not sure what to do next?

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
You're welcome, I think you need to book an appointment with a Samsung experience store & let them look at it again.
I was going to say do a factory reset, but I was thinking it might still be unresponsive in letting you set up your device & that would cause a whole lot of different issues.
Sorry I couldn't help.
fixed
Apprentice
Options
Leave let the battery go dead then once it's turned it self off that should doitok
0 Likes
fixed
Apprentice
Options
Really charge on Roberts you fathers brother or bobs your uncle
0 Likes
fixed
Apprentice
Options
That's telling you settings are having problem and7 the phone is working on it if you can get to settings you should check all
0 Likes
CorinaMc22
Apprentice
Options

I will book an appointment. Thanks again.

bigBear90
First Poster
Options
What was the out come as I'm having the same issue TIA
0 Likes
nickoj
First Poster
Options
I also have this icon every day and the phone then 'sleeps' until I unlock it, when it then restarts, and, for example, SMS messages from hours before come through for the first time? There is no warning that this partial shut-off is happening. It is only when I realise the phone has been quiet for some time and look to find this icon in my lock screen.
0 Likes