Did you mean: 

A53 Camera color problem

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 05:30 PM)
Moonbeann
First Poster
Options

[01/06 EDIT AT THE BOTTOM]

Hi! 

So I just got the A53 5G  phone yesterday and today when I opened the selfie camera it just looked wrong. 

People are extremely orange and the saturation is low and dull.

I've tried all the display settings I can but nothing seems to help. Phone is on vivid as well.

Are there any others experiencing the same? 

Please help. Thank you!

[EDIT : So unfortunately i got no help with this issue. Got told to play with filters or wait for maybe am eventual update. The selfie camera is worse than my Huawei from 2020 and now I'm stuck paying for this phone that I ended up giving to a family member. Unfortunately seems like samsung quality is going down and I won't recommend getting one in the future.] 

30 REPLIES 30
AndrewL
Options

@Moonbeann : With the front camera activated, tap the magic wand symbol in the top right corner, and check Filters, My Filters and Face to see if you're able to apply or remove any filters that improve the quality of your selfies. You can also try tapping the cog symbol in the top right, and disabling Selfie Colour Tone, if applicable. 

BEAMYSTERY
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

I also got the same phone and have the exact same issue, really frustrating. 

I've tried troubleshooting with Samsung including a factory reset but no changes. I think it is the phone itself. Have you had any luck resolving this?

I wonder if anybody else has the same issue. 

Plainsman
First Poster
Options

I took my first photo today with my new A53. The color of the flowers I photographed was shockingly bad! Not even close to the actual color. Would also appreciate advice.

Arun varghese
First Poster
Options

Iam facing the same problem . I was utterly disappointed using the  front camera.  I have tried to  change the  setting. But the reddish colour was constant. If any one finds any solution please. Post somewhere

BEAMYSTERY
Journeyman
Options

No luck yet, but I did complain to Samsung and am getting a replacement phone sent. I am not sure if this will fix it though. Hopefully they roll out a new update that sorts it out. The camera is actually awful!!! 

Paul160
Explorer
Options

I have just brought my first ever Samsung phone, having had Sony phones before, and the colours when taking photos look terrible.  Are Samsung phones, by default, so very unnatural and is there any way to set colour saturation? See example blow showing the blue. Thank youblue so wrong.jpg

BEAMYSTERY
Journeyman
Options

Hi Paul160

Samsungs generally saturate the colours, but there is an option to switch from "natural colours" and "vivid colours". Which phone do you have? 

I ended up returning my a53 and I've ordered the s22. Hopefully comes a lot better! 

Paul160
Explorer
Options

Really regret buying the terrible A35 based on the amazing reviews and wish I'd have waited for the Sony  10 IV to come out... oh well lesson learnt.

BEAMYSTERY
Journeyman
Options

It'd be good if Samsung did roll out an update for sure, seems like more people are having the same issue. I had a hauwei and my camera was rubbish there too

Think Samsung need to pull it together!