Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 2.4ghz wifi and Bluetooth incompatible

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 12:25 PM)
Pete1862
Apprentice
Options
I'm thinking this might be a general Samsung issue looking at this forum and not just the A53.

I can only use 2.4ghz wifi when Bluetooth is off. Turn on Bluetooth and it's slow and then fails.

Every other piece of tech works on the home wifi at 2.4 ghz either direct to the router or via access point (which use different channels).

My old moto G7+ worked fine.

5ghz wifi works with Bluetooth for the A53.

Tried various chats and support calls which have abruptly ended without resolution. Done a huge amount of testing and looking at router settings, wifi analysing etc.

What's the solution apart from a refund and Google Pixel?

4 REPLIES 4
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
A53 is a pile of junk, swap it for an A52s 5G which has a Snapdragon chip in it, not the dumpster fire Exynos in the A53.

As for the Pixel, if you get a 6 it has an Exynos chip as well. I had a Pixel 6 Pro, which I gave up on due to terrible signal, bad battery life and random reboots. It was junk.
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Why not just use 5ghz? Is there some reason you want to use 2.4?
0 Likes
Pete1862
Apprentice
Options
5ghz range is more limited than 2.4ghz so I'm quickly getting switched to 2.4. Plus the access point is 2.4. Plus wifi elsewhere will be 2.4.
0 Likes
Pete1862
Apprentice
Options

And sadly I don't think the geniuses at Samsung were enlightened enough to provide a wifi frequency setting option so you could set your phone so that it only connects to 5ghz.

Apparently other phones have this feature (as well as displaying the frequency of your connection).

0 Likes