Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s 5G WiFi - Frequent "connected, no internet"

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 10:55 PM)
Members_k2okZDo
First Poster
Options

OneUI 4.0 installed.

Frequently, on my home WiFi, my a52s 5G (while connected to the WiFi) will simply not have an internet connection through the WiFi, and it will use my data instead.

I can turn the WiFi off an on, and it works again for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours while at home.

The signal is definitely strong throughout the small house.

If o go to the WiFi settings, it typically shows I'm connected to the WiFi network, but it's showing a status of "Connected, no internet".

The rest of the devices in the house are fine. The router is only a couple years old, WiFi 5 or 6 tech.

I need sound advice to help troubleshoot this, please.

Thanks

34 REPLIES 34
PeteB101
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the fix this was driving me mad!  Had spent days fiddling with my WiFi mesh to try and fix it.  Works fine after a reboot providing I have not  used the hot spot 

0 Likes
Mik16
First Poster
Options

This issue is very annoying, i have a bixby routine to enable mobile hotspot when entering my car but because of it i'm getting this wifi issue.

For those who are facing the same issue, any time you enable mobile hotspot and then turn it off, you have to reboot your phone to fix this issue.

thehognl
Apprentice
Options

Correct. It still isn't resolved. Weird is that not after every hotspot usage it seems to happen. But I am now rebooting my phone also after every hotspot usage. Getting used to it. Should not be necessary. Samsung should look into this or  my next phone will not be samsung again.

Members_hjMWrUs
First Poster
Options

I agree with this analysis, this happened to me directly after I activated my A52S5G as a mobile hotspot for the first time.

0 Likes
cnmuggle
Student
Options

i had the same issue. it used up all my mobile data several months because i thought it is connected to my home wifi.

the device a52s is not able to access to gateway router at 192.168 0.1 in my case and after trun on/off wifi, the issue is fixed for me.

but it's still very annoyying of this stupid bug.

0 Likes
Athens Will
Apprentice
Options

9 just made a call to Samsung customer service and got my  Fxxxing answer.

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR 3rd PARTY APPS. 

boot to safe mode. and made it happen again.

then you can call Samsung again.

so... I WILL NEVER BUY ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN

I tried to tell him look for this post, but he Don,t want . and he just keeps saying this may cause by 3rd APPS again and again

Athens Will
Apprentice
Options

I reported to samsung members ,three times.  answer:we cannot see anything wrong.

and i make a phone call,answer is: may be its because you installed 3rd party app

0 Likes
hugodanielw
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same problem. Reading other answers to your query I did the test and it has been solved. A great relief indeed.
When I go out I make a hotspot to share the internet from my phone and when I return home I have to restart the phone and it works ok.
It sucks but you get used to it, until Samsung fixes it with a patch or I change the brand.

0 Likes
Athens Will
Apprentice
Options

yes, i works...
But it means I must restart my A52S 2 times a day

I use tasker app to control my phone.

when I am driving, tasker  turns hotspot automatically.... and I drive at least 2 times a day..

0 Likes
ATB666
First Poster
Options
Thought it was just me. Same issue here. Having to disconnect/reconnect to wifi about 30-40 times a day... and.just spent £122 getting better virgin hub and maximum 1gig wifi assuming the home signal was at fault. Furious that it's a "bug" in the phone.
0 Likes