Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s 5G WiFi - Frequent "connected, no internet"

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 10:55 PM)
Members_k2okZDo
First Poster
Options

OneUI 4.0 installed.

Frequently, on my home WiFi, my a52s 5G (while connected to the WiFi) will simply not have an internet connection through the WiFi, and it will use my data instead.

I can turn the WiFi off an on, and it works again for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours while at home.

The signal is definitely strong throughout the small house.

If o go to the WiFi settings, it typically shows I'm connected to the WiFi network, but it's showing a status of "Connected, no internet".

The rest of the devices in the house are fine. The router is only a couple years old, WiFi 5 or 6 tech.

I need sound advice to help troubleshoot this, please.

Thanks

34 REPLIES 34
Members_TitSk14
First Poster
Options

Hotspot 2 enabled and ok

0 Likes
Athens Will
Apprentice
Options

Every time my A52S roaming from thin AP to another...  Although  WIFI still connected, but it's showing it's showing a status of "Connected, no internet"

Restart wifi will fix it...  for a moment

And after another Roaming from one thin AP to another thin AP... the "Connected, no internet" trace me like a ghost.

0 Likes
Athens Will
Apprentice
Options

it happens everytime i connect to new ap

so i use tasker to trace singal strength and  restart wifi every time i move near one ap.

stupid, but it works

0 Likes
thehognl
Apprentice
Options

This has seemed to work for me. After not using hotspot anymore (and a reboot) the issue is gone. And when using hotspot again for some time, any time later after disabling hotspot the issue is back.

0 Likes
Athens Will
Apprentice
Options

tuen off hotspot defintely not working for me. because hotspot is already off from the day i brought the stupid A52S.

finally, 

first. turn off wpa3 from your wifi AP(go back to wpa2)

second. update your phone to 2022-5-23 released version

first one  works for 2~3 days, and I updated to  2022-5-23 ver

I am guessing first one  works, but you may update your A52S, too.

0 Likes
Athens Will
Apprentice
Options

update

third, turn off  then turn on  "wifi /advanced setting/ switch to 4G when wifi is not stable"
or turn on then turn off...

weird................

0 Likes
bmamo
Student
Options

Thank you for posting this piece of advice, it fixed my issue with mesh after using hotspot! It was driving me crazy - and you, sir, helped me stop pulling my hair out and changing all kinds of settings all over the place. Is there any place I can officially place a bug report so maybe this gets fixed?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@bmamo could report via Samsung Members. Go to Samsung Members-Support-Error Report. Pick category and detail the issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

bmamo
Student
Options

Excuse my ignorance, but what is samsung members? An app on my phone? This is my first ever samsung device from a world of nokia, xiaomi, oneplus, etc

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@bmamo yes app that should be preinstalled., will l be in Samsung Folder or otherwise can be downloaded from app stores. A bit of information in this article. https://onsitego.com/blog/diagnose-fix-problems-samsung-members-app/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes