Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 VERY slow charge

(Topic created on: 31-07-2021 05:17 AM)
kate30yes
Apprentice
Options
So we have a A52 that was bought 2 months ago, all of a sudden the charge is 35 hours! It was charging happily on fast charge 1hr 4 mins then all of a sudden vibrated and told me to check connection. My charger is 100% fine as i plugged it into another device and went on fast charge, plugged it back into a52 and still 35 hours. I have done an update, no new apps downloaded in 2 weeks. Done a factory reset this evening. 37 hours charge !!! Unsure what to do. 
Because the phone as been kept in my bag it has a very minor scratch on screen (nothing serious just general minor scratch that is hardly noticeable unless your looking for it you'll see it) 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @kate30yes 

A scratch on the screen wouldn't affect the charging time's of the phone however some phone's do have a factory fitted tpu plastic screen protector. Check on the edge of your phone with your fingernail.

In regards to charging time's of the phone please look at the following options …

• Ensure Fast Charging is still turned On in your phone's settings.
  • Via using a torch look in the charging port to ensure their is no debris in the charging port.
  • Take the phone to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre who can take a look at your phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Mk1111
Apprentice
Options
It could be a faulty charger
0 Likes
kate30yes
Apprentice
Options
Defo not the charger as it fast charges normally on another device. I also have 2 other chargers which i have tried and still nothing 😞
0 Likes
kate30yes
Apprentice
Options
Yes sorry i think i mentioned the scratch on the screen assuming that it wouldnt then be coveree under warrenty? I think it was the house keys that did it so its nothing serious.

I will contact samsung today and see what they say thank you 🤗
Mk1111
Apprentice
Options
In that case it must be a fault with your phone, first make sure quick charge is enabled on the phone if it is then you will have to contact samsung you will be fine as its under warranty
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @kate30yes 

There has been instances where an engineer has attributed damage to the screen as consistent with a drop or bump which could have affected charging due to said drop or bump.

However do let Samsung take a look at the phone for you..

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Rumba1
Journeyman
Options

I am really interested in the feedback, too.

Other phones A3(2017) and A51 were charging just fine on the USB ports of my laptop and the Fritz!Box.

But if I connect the A52s, its 37h charging!!! It actually looses power, if I have the display on.

Whats going on there? I dont wont to carry the original charger with me at all times...

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

most likely deffective battery. try to replace it under warranty

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
Rumba1
Journeyman
Options

Its charging normal on a Samung charger, so I doubt it is the battery.

0 Likes