Original topic:

A52 5G screen flickering

(Topic created on: 31-07-2021 03:47 PM)
techjaxxuk
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series
Hi,

Every now and then my screen keeps flickering weird colours (as if you've broken a TV screen with those colourful lines etc, see attached image from Google)

My screen isn't broken or anything and has been in good condition.

40 REPLIES 40
Eric_
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

So glad I found this topic, now all we need is a solution. I have the exact same problem! I don't know how you captured the screen when it flickers, because with my phone it happens to erratic and fast to capture. But it shows up exactly as your picture, in terms of colours. With me though, it seems to not take up the whole screen.

So I tried some things.  The hard reboot, power button and volume down until Samsung logo. Adaptive brightness switched off.  Removed some apps I installed last few days, since the problem occurred just today. Not a settings reset or factory reset though. I'm saving that until last.

I'm beginning to get suspicious of the refresh rate of 120 Hz. It seems that with the standard seeing if 60 Hz the problem does not occur.

If it turns out that isn't the solution, although that's not really a solution, more a ugly fix, I'll go and try switching dark mode off...

I definitely did not stop the phone, nor did it have water damage. I'm very careful, I use a bumper/case and a screen protector as well as protective film for the camera.

Will be looking here for updates on the issue...

lekol
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy A Series

I have the same problem

0 Likes
lekol
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy A Series

I have the same issue, I feel like it is a problem with face recognition 

0 Likes
Members_KQbSLXL
First Poster
Options
Galaxy A Series

So was the refresh rate the problem? Or did it continue to flicker? My phone is less than a week old, I don't know if I should send it back or if it's fixable.

0 Likes
Eric_
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

Well, at the time of my posting, I was in Germany, visiting from my home country. Since I returned home there were no problems anymore. 

Then, a few weeks ago I visited Germany again. And the problem reoccurred.

I cannot think of a reason this could be part of the problem, accept maybe the fact the phone is in roaming mode. But that should not affect the phone in this way.

But I haven't encountered the problem anymore, so not sure what it was or is...

0 Likes
Eric_
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

I use face recognition, I don't think that is the problem.

0 Likes
lekol
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy A Series

I noticed that the problem occurs when I make a call and I have the phone away from my face with loud speaker, that's why I assumed that is something to do with face recognition camera

0 Likes
lekol
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy A Series

A guy on another topic mentioned that this problem caused of 5g network and when he went to 4g problem solved.

0 Likes
JessedeLouw
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy A Series

Bought this telephone 3 weeks ago and i have the same problem. Can't do anything with it and bringing it back to the store. -.-

techjaxxuk
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series
Mine was flickering like crazy today
0 Likes