Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 28-02-2020 07:15 PM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
PHenoMeaNoNe
Journeyman
Options

Clearing the cache and resetting the network settings has nothing to do with the bluetooth problem.

The problem occurs even after reseting the whole phone and empying the whole phone cache, so when you open the bluetooth for the first time it has no cashe at all, but it has the problem.

My phone had the problem since I first got it and it also had it after reseting everything again.

As I said, for me clearing the bluetooth cache and network settings made things even worse.

I want to ask if someone COMPLETELY fixed the problem by empying the cache etc.

Because if the sound cuts every 20 seconds and after all now it cuts every 40 or a minute, it is not a solution.

And it is hard for me to believe that clearing the cache works in some phones but not in all phones.

A solution should FIX the problem completely.

Also 5g wifi or 2,4g wifi has no effect, as someone said earlier.

I believe that the only solution is flashing the earlier rom as suggested, but this whould be a first, when you have to downgrade a new phone for it to work.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some users have reported that clearing the cache and resetting helped, even if not universally.  I am aware that others have a solution by flashing the  firmware  but still users should always be careful, will not go too much into this here.  Customers can  find information on various sites.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Riblit
Apprentice
Options

It's quite disappointing knowing this is a well known fault but samsumg still hasn't fixed it. a phone should work out of the box or at least work with a update/patch everyday users shouldn't need to reset Bluetooth settings & network settings to get Bluetooth working I paid over $600NZD for this phone it's used at least 3-4 hours per day for music all via Bluetooth as I hate cables & I might take it back for a refund disappointing as I love the phone apart from this Major Fault.

Adriano a52s mint
Journeyman
Options

I too am awaiting a response to this issue from samsung here in the UK.  This needs urgent attention as it's a huge disappointment to someone new purchase when it cant they the  basics working and have no way to know if a fix is round the corner.  Help your fans stay faithful by fixing this asap. 

RonnyB
Explorer
Options
The Bluetooth issue start after the frist update in February 7 version A51FXXU1ASL6/A515FOXM1ASL6/A51FXXU1ASL3 Than the problems starts in my car Bluetooth connection with the R-link Incoming conversation was bad and now almost 2 weeks it's okay and also the connection with Spotify. Samsung will solved this problem
We need patients till next update When??
0 Likes
lhugo
Journeyman
Options
I also experience the exact same problems described in this thread. I'm from sweden with the firmware A515FXXU1ASL6.

I contacted the support by phone today and they told me that there would be no update and that they didn't know about the problem. I don't think that the support staff understood the problem (they probably thought that I asked about the next version of Android or something of that sort).

Lyckily I got them to let me send an email to someone with techical knowledge (more than none at all i hope) and got to describe the problem in detail with reference to these threads on the supoport forums. I really hope for a sollutino soon because this flaw makes the phone more or less a brick to me.
0 Likes
RonnyB
Explorer
Options
The support here in the Netherlands is familiar with this issue and they support me to solve mine problems and I am satisfied But is not the final solution till the next update
0 Likes
RonnyB
Explorer
Options
PHenoMeaNoNe
You are right It's not a final solution but I'm almost 2 weeks satisfied with this solution
0 Likes
lhugo
Journeyman
Options
In what way did they help you to solve the issue? What did you do and what changed afterwards? And how is it not the final solution? Thanks
0 Likes
RonnyB
Explorer
Options
Inigo
You go to general settings choose apps Than above on the right you see the three points Push there

Choose system apps go to Bluetooth push there than choose storage and you see on the right bottom emty cash

push that and than also reset your network settings and reset your phone again
it's helps to solve the Bluetooth issue but it's not a final solution

succes

Ronny
0 Likes