Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 App Settings

(Topic created on: 11-04-2020 05:05 PM)
Gags86
First Poster
Options

Please may I request assistance. When opening a web link sent to me via WhatsApp, my Samsung indicated that there are certain apps that are opening my Samsung internet in the background. I then inadvertently deselected WhatsApp from the list. As a result I am now unable to open links sent to me via WhatsApp. I have spent the last two hours on Google and YouTube going through my phone settings trying to find the same screen that allows me to grant access to WhatsApp to open my Samsung internet but have failed to find that. please note this is not background data but it is another setting on the Samsung phone that prompts you to select and deselect apps from running or accessing the internet in the background. Please please please please assist

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AsadM
Options
Hi @Gags86. Hope you're enjoying your weekend. Let's look into what you're experiencing with the app?

Does this happen on any other apps?

Let's check to see if the app notifications are enabled. You can do this by going into Settings > Apps > 3 dots in top right > Show system apps > Find and select the app > Notifications.

Also while you're in the app info, go into 'Set as defaults', and 'Clear defaults if any are applied.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Gags86
First Poster
Options

Thank u so much for responding. So far the weekend has been busy. Will be happier tho if I can undo what I did by deselecting WhatsApp as an app allowed to access my Samsung internet. 

No this does not happen with any other apps. this was also the first time that I had experienced a pop-up notifying me apps are using Samsung internet in the background.

I can also confirmed that the apps notifications are enabled. 

I also managed to get to check if there are any default supplied and there were none to clear. 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for confirming. Let's try going through the previous steps again but when you're in the app, go into 'Storage', and then select 'Clear Cache' and 'Clear Data'.
After you've done this, switch off the phone for 20 seconds.
0 Likes
Gags86
First Poster
Options

I successfully completed your instruction, data and cache cleared. I wish I backed up my WhatsApp before doing so because I lost all my information 😔. Anyhow, it still does not open the internet automatically from a link. It was a string that appeared from my phone that promoted a list of apps to be deselected as having permission to run internet in background. I'm convinced it's a Samsung phone setting as opposed to a setting on WhatsApp itself. 

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
We're sorry to hear about your lost data. Can you please send a video clip of what happens when try to open a link?
0 Likes
Gags86
First Poster
Options

I successfully managed to do a screen recording but how do I send it to you? I attempted to do so on this platform but it says theformat is not supported?

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
It may be ideal for you to get in touch with our Social Media team, so you can send in the video, and get more support on this, @Gags86. When you do this, please screenshot this conversation to avoid going through the same troubleshooting steps again, and they'll look into other options. You can contact them from here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes