Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A30 android 10 network problem

(Topic created on: 26-04-2020 08:09 PM)
geohamed
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone,

My Galaxy A30 recently got the new android update : 10.

I was really excited to discover new features, and the improvments Samsung made concerning battery usage.

But I discovered later a huge problem, the phone gets occasionally disconnected : network bars are full but it's actually offline : not possible to receive calls and mobile data stops working.

The solution I found was to start airplane mode on and off and the network is restored. But few minutes/hours later the same problem is back.

Is anyone facing the same problem?

And is Samsung aware of it?

Please share your experience and tell me more about the topic if any of you got the same phone and got the update.

thanks everyone.

31 REPLIES 31
Waldo13
Student
Options

Sorry to but in, I was given the details of a Samsung agent's contact details in my geographical area. I have called and visited the shop but they are closed with no response via email nor do they answer. I can't even get hold of the main Samsung hub in South Africa. Surely telecommunication is an essential service?

We demand feedback because it's ridiculous to have to try and find a solution through other fields. 

0 Likes
Dana11
Explorer
Options

@waldo13

Sorry to but in, I was given the details of a Samsung agent's contact details in my geographical area. I have called and visited the shop but they are closed with no response via email nor do they answer. I can't even get hold of the main Samsung hub in South Africa. Surely telecommunication is an essential service?

We demand feedback because it's ridiculous to have to try and find a solution through other fields. 

I know how you feel @waldo13. The Caribbean chat site finally responded in English only to tell me that they were in Panama and I would need to contact US support.  FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF at this point.

0 Likes
Solution
geohamed
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone,

Here I am again. Today I tried something new, I removed the SIM card from 'slot 2',

the remaining card seems to be working fine (2 hours non stop).

Please notify me if you could try the same thing, share your results.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Debble111
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy A30. Since the update I cannot make or recieve calls or check voice mail. I spent hours with mint mobile customer service. I did a factory reset. Was sent and installed a new sim card. Tried everything I've found on the internet and nothing works. I had to download a free calling app. If there is not going to be a fix for this soon, I will be buying another phone. This will be my last Samsung!

0 Likes
RobinBris
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.  Also the bluetooth connections drop out.   Music will just stop playing, podcasts will also stop.  Phone calls will stop and you need to redial.    Seems to happen every 30 minutes or so.   Very annoying.

0 Likes
Nelsonebuka
Student
Options

To make call switch to 2G 

Ijora
First Poster
Options
I have network issues with my a30 but what I did that solved the problem is to use the network in 2g only and it's working just that internet connection will be slow. Go to settings,connections,mobile network and finally select 2g only
0 Likes
Peu_Meu
First Poster
Options

My brand new  A30S got network problems after about 1.5 months of use. I bought it from Electronicsfrontier.com (some anti-ad here). Althought these asian pricks were telling that device is supported by all the UK networks, after 1.5 month it stopped supporting any of them. I called Samsung UK  giving them Serial of gadget and they told me that this one is not for purpose to use in our region and they can not help with any free warranty.  As an issue appeared after software update, I believe that this phone was made for use in asia but something was change to make it usible in EU and after an update that something got broken. I'm very thankful for Paypal, which I believe will solve my refund.

you  can check this on imei.info. Sometimes you can hardly know where your phone is from while buying

0 Likes
Dana11
Explorer
Options

Sorry for your loss. I cannot believe they still haven't fixed this glitch. I had to buy another phone. My A30 is only good as a handheld computer. I had mine for at least 6 months before it updated and it worked great. The update is definitely the problem. My S9 wants to update, but I won't let it because I'm afraid the same thing will happen to it. I tried to go with an iPhone but just couldn't adapt, so bought an S9. Good luck to you. Hopefully Paypal will help.

0 Likes
ET1
Student
Options

Did they fix this ???????

0 Likes