Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

3 pink vertical lines on screen

(Topic created on: 27-04-2021 07:45 PM)
byronC
Apprentice
Options
Hi my a51 has suddenly developed 3 pink / black blemish vertical lines on the left middle and edge of the screen all symmetrical. Only had the phone 6 months. Is this a common issue that can easily be fixed ?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@byronC: Sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Has the phone been subjected to any physical/liquid damage? Please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the device restarts to see if a Soft Reset resolves the issue. If not, dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select Red, Green and Blue from the series of grey tiles and check to see if the issue is present in any of these screen tests. If it is, please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, or on Facebook or Twitter, and an advisor will be able to arrange an inspection for you. 

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@byronC: Sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Has the phone been subjected to any physical/liquid damage? Please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the device restarts to see if a Soft Reset resolves the issue. If not, dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select Red, Green and Blue from the series of grey tiles and check to see if the issue is present in any of these screen tests. If it is, please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, or on Facebook or Twitter, and an advisor will be able to arrange an inspection for you. 

byronC
Apprentice
Options
Hi thank you, this seems to have worked. The lines have gone.. have you any idea what that problem can originate from ? I was out today when it was wet, could it have been caused by water damage ? Or is it something else . Thanks Andrew, appreciate the help
AndrewL
Options

@byronC: It may have been a temporary glitch brought about by liquid ingress if you've been out in wet conditions, although it's difficult to tell from this position. Glad I could help, though :smiling-face:

0 Likes