Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications only appear when unlocking

(Topic created on: 02-11-2020 11:04 AM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I used to get this on Android 10 too, but not as frequently.

Sometimes notifications only come through when I unlock my device. 

It's not a do-not-disturb thing. It's not a "lock screen - hide content/don't show" thing. I do eventually get the notification on the lock screen. 

One example is the baby monitor app I use. It doesn't just happen with this, it happens with others, this is just a good example. 

If me and the missus are sat watching TV, her phone gets the notification to say motion/sound detected, but mine doesn't.

I can unlock my phone, sometimes a few minutes later, and my phone then vibrates as though the notification _only_ just came through. The time on the notification is the same time that my partner got it, and the time of the motion event, and not the current time.

So it's like the phone queued the notification, or only just retrieved it, once I unlocked my phone.

"Allow background activity" is on, and "Optimise bettery usage" is "Not optimised".

What's going on? 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Beno86
Explorer
Options
I have a similar issue with number of apps..emails today..all set for them to show as they arrive..but only when I unlocked did I get the notification with 10plus emails.
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I've been having a seperate issue with mail, as well as the notification issue. 

My mail app just stops updating, and I have to force stop (from the app info, not just close it from multi-tasker) before it starts working again. 

0 Likes
Beno86
Explorer
Options
let's hope we get some bug fixes soon in the next update
F19AJW
Pathfinder
Options
the sound and notification seems to be related to call sound as well. I have has Sam issue, and restart of phone resolves it for the interim.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@ryamoo,

Unfortunately, some third-party apps may have compatibility issues during Beta 😕. Nonetheless, you can try to report this bug via the Members application, so that our developers can analyze the issue!

0 Likes
noname123
First Poster
Options

I am having the same exact problems with several apps. One in particular is my garage door opener. My wife sits right next to me with her iphone, she get the notification about garage door opens or closes the second it happens. I don't get anything until I unlock the phone OR another notifications comes in 10-15 minutes later which kind'a "releases" the garage door opener and then I get both notifications from two different apps; one happened 15 minutes ago, the other one just happened. Extremely, extremely frustrating.
Another example of delayed notifications are security cameras....two different brands in the same locations, notifications from both are delayed.

0 Likes
ANT92
Apprentice
Options

Hey.

I have same issues. I have seen that couple of times, and also tried to factory reset my phone and everything else i could try.

Have you got any fix for this ongoing issues?

I have a S10+.

André

0 Likes