Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Windows 11 22H2 - Safeguard Hold

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 08:12 PM)
missedbeat
Apprentice
Options

Unable to install the latest update to Windows 11 (22H2) as it states my Galaxy Book2 is on Safeguard Hold and can not be updated.

The site explains - 'Safeguard holds prevent a device with a known issue from being offered a new feature update. We use safeguard holds to make sure you have a positive experience as your device moves to a new version of Windows.  '

It does not stipulate what the issue is; does anyone know?

Peter H

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
smsdavis
First Poster
Options

I took the time removed my O365 account, disabled all the windows hello, etc.  Still no go for me on downloading the update.  I even did the removal of all printers because another article said Windows printer drivers were the problem.  Still NOPE.  

0 Likes
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options
It's getting really frustrating now. How long could it possibly take? Can't believe there is no word from Samsung themselves
0 Likes
Ehanderson
Pioneer
Options

*replied to incorrect comment*

Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 i7 512/16
Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra 1TB/16
Galaxy S23 Ultra 512/12
Galaxy Tab S6
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy A32
Galaxy Gear
And a host of other older units
0 Likes
Ehanderson
Pioneer
Options

@smsdavis wrote:

I'm with you on that one. I'm about to leave Samsung as well over this and the repeating screen cracking.  I have never in 35 years of working with screens, laptops, phones, etc. NEVER cracked a screen.  Yet in 5 months I'm on my second Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 because the screen keeps cracking in the corner.  Bad design.

@smsdavis are they replacing it under warranty?

Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 i7 512/16
Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra 1TB/16
Galaxy S23 Ultra 512/12
Galaxy Tab S6
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy A32
Galaxy Gear
And a host of other older units
0 Likes
smsdavis
First Poster
Options

@Ehanderson I bought an extended warranty and purchased it through Best Buy.  So they have already replaced it once because I took it in while traveling and I told them I would be in town for 3 weeks and asked if they could get it returned within that time frame.  They assured me it would only take 2.  Well, it didn't.  So after some lengthy discussions with the Best Buy manager, they replaced it.  (They were reparing it, just delayed for "parts" with no excuse and got the run around for 2 weeks!)  So I went ahead and purchased the same machine thinking that huge crack was a one off and that something must have happened that I didn't see to crack the screen.  Less than 2 weeks into owning the new machine and I see a crack in the same location. This crack isn't all the way through yet, you can't "feel" it and there is no distortion to the screen but there is a crack.  Once I can feel it or it starts distorting that corner, I will be shipping it back to Best Buy again.  They will have to repair it.  If it cracks again, I'm sending it back immediately and after 3 repairs to the same machine Best Buy's extended warranty policy is to offer you a replacement or refund your money.  I will be choosing the refund option.  It is ridiculous that they made their screen so fragile you cannot even open it without cracking it.  Serious design flaw.  

0 Likes
Bruno0701
First Poster
Options

Hello Samsung
Could we have an answer from the support?
How long will this impossibility to update our version of Windows last?
We can understand some difficulties, but silence is the worst way to make your customers wait and satisfy them.

0 Likes
Options

I am still in disbelief that my Samsung Galaxy Book Pro2 360 - i7 1260P, one of the latest laptops in the Samsung Laptop arsenal cannot be upgraded to Win 11 22H2.

Is this because of the additional security on the BIOS ?

My Galaxy Book Pro 360  i5 11th generation upgraded about a month ago.

Samsung UK customer support appears weak in areas of helping their customers. I don't think the levels of support are really in line with Samsungs purchase price for the Galaxy Book Pro range. 

kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Time Based Bob , Try to force update by using Windows 11 Installation Assistant from this website

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2171764

0 Likes
Options

That does not work, I tried it about 3 weeks ago.

The installation gets to the final stage then says the laptop is not ready and will not install.

0 Likes
alex_ncfc
Pioneer
Options

Same problem here. As I've said on another post, the original shipped version of Windows 11 is so poor and I was hoping I'd be able to upgrade as soon as I bought my laptop home last month. Then I heard there was a "safeguard" hold on the update, which would be lifted mid-October. Mid-November, and we are still waiting. 

It's not good enough and I'm going to see if I can return my Samsung laptop and see if I can get a laptop which I can actually run the latest version on! It's not too much to ask!

0 Likes