Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open user manuals since Adobe not supported.

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:28 PM)
stepdey
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I've recently downloaded the user manual for a old NP RV510 Laptop, download went fine until I tryed to open the download.

Cannot open it as Adobe is no longer supported, any ideas as to how I can get to see a copy of the laptops user instructions please.

Appreciate that this is not Samsungs fault, but do you suppose they will update all or any of their downloads which are presently only available in this now defunct format ? and thus unreadable.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Adobe have discontinued supporting Flash Player but Adobe PDF Reader, which opens PDF files is alive and kicking so that should open the manual. It is a PDF file?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@stepdey: Did you attempt to download the manual via the following link? 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP-RV510-A05UK/

If so, further to the advice offered by @Pugs1957, please download and install Adobe PDF reader, or check for any updates if you have it already,  to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
stepdey
First Poster
Options

Pugs1957

Firstly thanks for your help and no it doesn't show up as a pdf likes others do, the icon shows as a blue book with a big white question mark on the front.

0 Likes
stepdey
First Poster
Options

Andrew

Yes that was the link I used, following your advise I downloaded and installed Adobe PDF reader, and checked for updates, installed version is 20,013,20074 it changed all my pdf icons plus I checked to see whether they opened and I could read them still, no problem there, BUT the downloaded RV510 file still shows a blue book with a white question mark on the cover, when I click on it to open it I still get a box appear with the letter f and a blue box next to it with the letter i in it.

Is it possible to email me the user manual I'm looking for ?

Thank you

Stephen.

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hello

@stepdey 

step 1

download a free PDF reader, sample Open Source pdf reader

step 2

download the manual from this link

voila😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
stepdey
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I'm afraid it still will not open, after again downloading the user manual the icon shows as before eg blue book with the question mark, then when I try to open it using LibreOffice it reports that there is some sort of corruption and thats it, I have now downloaded this same manual some 5 times to try to get to work but have obviously been unsuccessful. I do appreciate your assistance in this problem lunaticore, but it would appear that the actual download document is possibly faulty ? Funny thing is I did download other documents from that same page, they too would not open, so know I'm really confused as to where my problem is.

Thank you

0 Likes