Did you mean: 

TV and Computer Monitor Issue

(Topic created on: 25-04-2022 12:02 PM)
WilliamJr
Apprentice
Options

Hello Community,

in our office, we have a Q60 HDTV.

We just purchased two monitors for our desk and laptop.

Unfortunately, when we press power button on monitor remote it turns on both monitors as well as the television.  This is not good!

Any way to have the TV remote just work for the TV and the monitor remote just work for the computer monitors?

Hope that makes sense.

William

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @WilliamJr ,

It's great to see that you have decided to purchase two of our monitors. As long as the TV is in the range of the remote, this will turn on, I'm afraid. To avoid this you may want to turn on the monitors using our SmartThings app as displayed on this guide from our team in Australia: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/computing/turn-on-samsung-smart-monitor-with-phone/ 

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Lol I have two setups like yours, Samsung know and do nothing, some have suggested tape over the IR blaster.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
WilliamJr
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, that is an Australian solution.

we will be returning these monitors as not everyone who would use the computer would even have the app. So sad that Samsung cannot create unique remotes.

WilliamJr
Apprentice
Options

Well, we will be returning these 32” monitors.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What are you for real suggesting such a convoluted workaround
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes