Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Update not responding after Windows 11, 22H2 update

(Topic created on: 25-02-2023 03:32 PM)
SteveT28
Apprentice
Options

i have a Samsung Galaxy Book 2 pro 360 purchase in January 2023, everything was working ok until the Windows 22 22H2 update installed earlier today, now when trying to open the Samsung Update application I get a message " would you like this to make changes to your computer" then followed by " Samsung Update not responding.

I find this strange as Windows 11 was pre-installed on the laptop and the Samsung Update app worked perfectly until this 22H2 Update.

Anybody experiencing the same issue or any suggestions on how to rectify.

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @SteveT28. I don't like to hear that you're having issues with a software update for your Book2 Pro 360. 

Please can you let me know whether you've managed to get this resolved in the interim?

Just in case the issue is persisting, please can you upload a photo or screenshot showing the error message you've encountered? If you could elaborate on any steps that you've tried so far, that should save us from asking you to replicate anything.

0 Likes
Members_XWJcuIA
First Poster
Options

Hey, I'm having this same issue. When I tried to open Samsung update, it brought up the windows alert of "trying to make changes on hard drive..." multiple times. Then it eventually got to the screen with the loading icon, but just stuck there loading. Tried closing and reopening, also restarting the laptop but same issue. Is this what is happening with yours? Did you find a fix or anything else out about this? Thanks!

David723
Student
Options

Hi, 

I have the same issue now after this update. the Samsung updated only just loads and states 'restart needed' however, even after restart, it states 'restart needed'. 

JinxTheCat
First Poster
Options
Same problem, computer says not responding & to do a recovery process. It then works, this has happened since it was last updated. It was fine before.
merla
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue on my Galaxy Book3 Pro (having a fresh install by using the recovery image, then all current Windows updates applied). After a morning boot I've got  Samsung Update complaining and suggesting a restore / restart, and Microsoft Store was also indicating that no apps are installed at all... I finally ran wsreset.exe in a command prompt to reset the MS Store cache, and that fixed both issues. It seems that these symptoms might come back from time to time - but I haven't found the original reason yet...