Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR blackscreen problems

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 05:43 PM)
IIOIOE
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've bought my Samsung Odyssey G7 two months ago and experienced no issues until last week.

Since then, when HDR is activated through the monitor configuration menu, sometimes it happens, that while playing Star Wars Squadrons, Dota 2 or just watching a Twitch Stream, the screen turns black for 5 seconds, and comes back showing the message: Display Port 1 (HDR).

That happens randomly with no explicit event happening before.

When SDR is activated, no problems appear.

All cables are tight and in place, I already switched the display ports. Messages still pop up and screen turns black.

Does anybody experience the same issue or know what's the problem with it?

Latest firmware from 04.09.2020 was installed with USB-drive, monitor drivers are up to date.

Windows version is 2004 (19041.508).

Thank you in advance :smiling-face:

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
AG83
Apprentice
Options

I went and bought a nicer DisplayPort cable off of monoprice and this actually fixed all of my issues. I'm not sure exactly which one I was using previously, the one included with the monitor or another I had, but I believe I tried both at one point. Kinda crazy that a DisplayPort cable capable of handling the monitor's full capabilities wouldn't be included. 

I realized just now I haven't been using it with HDR, but my flickering issue was happening with or without it. I turned on the HDR just now and I'm having no issues that I can see. I highly recommend going out and getting a DisplayPort cable that is able to carry bigger throughputs, I think it will solve just about every issue people have brought up here.

0 Likes
MakeSh00t
Student
Options

Hello to all i solved the issue. I have monitor same monitor g7 240hz 32inch i get him 16th may. HDR problems i had.

Problem solved with DDU installer to remove complete drivers from your gpu card clean install. 

When i installed HDR windows to set hdr monitor color, and i installed latest drivers from nvidia i had conflict and HDR was turning off with monitor and saying display port and than HDR on monitor turn on back in 5 seconds. In desktop youtube games etc problems i had but with games that support hdr 0 issue. I changed the cable does not help. i uninnstaled drivers does not help with clean install with out safe mode. I done in safe mode and ddu  uninnstalled drivers and made clean install. After that i found article that latest drivers make issue with hdr monitors not only samsung, lg and rest of monitors to with HDR ON. It is conflict by drivers and HDR windows. What i have done i found drivers that help you to not have problems with in. I installed 2023 april drivers and now hdr problems disolved. I will just wait for another release of nvidia drivers than i install latest one. So monitor has no problems it is driver problems by windows when you use ADAPTIVE sync with nvidia not certified HDR with nvidia. IF you use AMD gpu freesync on That  HDR is certified with windows.

0 Likes