Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 auto switch inputs doesn't work and takes a long time to turn on. Samsung please fix...

(Topic created on: 02-06-2023 06:58 AM)
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

This monitor still cannot auto switch between inputs, it's a known issue with 100s complaining. As of the latest firmware 1014.1 it still is an issue, you have to manually switch between. This is a feature that £50 monitors can do, but this one over £550 can't.

This monitor also takes a long time to startup, my PC has started long before it's finished turning on.

Model# LC32G73TQSUXEN but it happens with all of the Odyssey G7s and I believe even the G9s.

These are meant to be flagship monitors Samsung....

Edit:

I got a Dell Alienware monitor instead, much better. I wouldn't bother buying Samsung again as they cannot even do simple features on their flagship monitors.

Samsung hardware, always great but the software continuously lets it down.

26 REPLIES 26
NathanPlus
First Poster
Options

Bumping, shame to Samsung

0 Likes
Udlet
Student
Options

I wish someone would start the class action suit because the issue still exists. It is not right for the consumers to pay a lot money of flagship monitor that doesn't work as promised.

0 Likes
Blackduster
First Poster
Options

I wrote in chat with the german Samsung support on 30.01, where he said they are working on a fix, well i guess either this basic feature is really hard for them to implement or they just dont care. Second Samsung display i got now, the first one got a power fault after 2 or 3 years and now this on a flagship model. I cant believe it, even my 90$ HP monitor has the feature

0 Likes
mythofechelon
First Poster
Options

BUMP, as I have this issue with the LS32BG750NPXXU.

0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

I got a Dell Alienware monitor instead, much better. I wouldn't bother buying Samsung again as they cannot even do simple features on their flagship monitors.

Samsung hardware, always great but the software continuously lets it down.

0 Likes
Lee41
First Poster
Options

Come on Samsung get the auto switch inputs fixed please ?

0 Likes
Members_Kpd1q6D
First Poster
Options

Members_Kpd1q6D_0-1708455911813.png

I want to start this reply with an answer from the suppport team  when I explained the case of this samsung monitor (also shared the links with them of those posts and the related lawsuit https://chimicles.com/samsung-g7-monitor-flickering-class-action-investigation/)  which is by design (and so far not working) when u switch inputs. I still thought at that point in time that there were some competent people behind the screen. 

This uncludes uncompatiblity and issues with any kinds of KVM switch which is then making it not usable for any use in a proper shared screen setup. 

It is first of all a shame to answer some stupidities like this one stating that I am supposed to be buying a professional screeen if I use it more than 16hours a day. 

But on top of that not to recognize the issue with those screens which make them unusable in a professional context is the cherry on the cake. 

Mine is a LS28BG700EPXEN bought on amazon with a vendor called Mercato. 
No one is taking the accountability of a screen which is basically not working and I hav enow a 500€ screen which is not working and that I need to keep. 

This G7 serie is not worth buying.

I cannot send it back to amazon because of the expiry on the timing and samsung is not taking over accountability on the legit bad implementation of their software to detect a input. 

I don't want to share with you the phone call that I had with samsung. You would be surprised by the lack of knowledge and IT knowledge on the topic while this issue has been mentionned several times on the internet. 

I am trying to make this as complete as possible in order to avoid others getting scammed by this product. 

Don't waste your money in those screens and buy another one like the LG27GR93U which is prefectly working with my double  screen setup and the KVM switch. 

It is obviously an issue with other samsung screens from the G7 and G9 series. (my version came with an inbuilt OS (Tizen ?) taking care of Netflix and all, which I thought would be on top of a good screen - but at the end which is making it unusable) 

Both the whatsapp support and the phone one in Belgium were really bad in term of quality. 

Good job Samsung, I hope that this message can be seen by as many people as possible to avoid doing the same mistake that I did. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/gaming-club/samsung-odyssey-g7-major-issues/td-p/4654931

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T7pogOgS_M&t=1s

0 Likes