Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 auto switch inputs doesn't work and takes a long time to turn on. Samsung please fix...

(Topic created on: 28-06-2022 12:54 AM)
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

This monitor still cannot auto switch between inputs, it's a known issue with 100s complaining. As of the latest firmware 1014.1 it still is an issue, you have to manually switch between. This is a feature that £50 monitors can do, but this one over £550 can't.

This monitor also takes a long time to startup, my PC has started long before it's finished turning on.

Model# LC32G73TQSUXEN but it happens with all of the Odyssey G7s and I believe even the G9s.

These are meant to be flagship monitors Samsung....

Edit:

I got a Dell Alienware monitor instead, much better. I wouldn't bother buying Samsung again as they cannot even do simple features on their flagship monitors.

Samsung hardware, always great but the software continuously lets it down.

26 REPLIES 26
MauriceBuiten
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I cant believe this doesnt work on a FLAGSHIP monitor.....

SteveMags
Student
Options

I've just bought a G7 27" and having the same problem. Is this actually an issue with the monitor or by design? Really frustrating as I run my work and gaming set ups through this monitor.

LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

Yes, same problem for everyone. Samsung completely silent on the issue as they don't care.

I am in the exact same position, changing from my work PC every day, doesn't switch without having to turn the monitor on first which takes forever, you also have a very tiny window to catch it before it turns off again.

Send the monitor back if you can if this annoys you. It also has flickering issues in various ways. The adaptive sync sometimes doesn't work without turning the monitor off and back on again.

This is all with the latest firmware, I checked for any updates yesterday.

SteveMags
Student
Options

I thought I noticed the screen flicker last night but assumed it was my pc playing up. Will definitely keep an eye on that now too.

What a bloody pain. I bought this monitor as a replacement for an LG I had for barely 6 months before it started getting some dead pixels too. Not having much luck am I 😞

MauriceBuiten
Apprentice
Options

I had only flickering issues when using the wrong displayport cable. either use the cable that comes with the monitor or buy one that supports the monitor (was really hard to find, not all 8k displayport cables work correctly, had to try 3 different cables before it worked)

0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

I have tried two cables, I'm using the Samsung cable that come with the monitor.

It's a bug in the local dimming mode, but there is another flickering issue that is again a bug in the black level settings.

It happens to me every day a large number of times, my temp fix is to just put the brightness level up or down one which fixes it until it next happens.

Instead of Samsung actually learning to code and averaging a value out they let the screen bounce between two different values many times a second causing flickering.

This is the sort of stuff that can be fixed in firmware updates, but instead many years later it's still broken.

Last Samsung monitor for sure. It's a shame as the panel is lovely quality otherwise. I think it'll be LG, Dell or Alienware next.

The lack of support by Samsung is beyond a joke for an apparently premium company 🤣🤣🤣

DionNoop1
First Poster
Options

I have 3 Samsung monitors and auto switch doesn't work on all of them. So I decided to buy a new Acer monitor I am not sure why but only Samsung can't auto-switch inputs. It looks like they don't care about the software.

And yes all my 3 monitor also takes a long time to startup 

Jord19
First Poster
Options

Exact same issues here! Only flickers when using the display port, HDMI works fine so I assumed it was the 165hz. 

Auto switch never works! 

0 Likes
vmudryk
First Poster
Options

The-same issue with 4 monitors LS27A600UUUXEN