Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Oddysey G7 32' flickering problem when adaptive sync is on in most of games.

(Topic created on: 23-07-2020 07:49 PM)
hoax7one
Explorer
Options

All,

So I have received Samsung Oddysey G7 32 inch monitor this week. All is beautyful but when the adaptive sync is on , most of games have flickering issues. So I RMA it and today got another one and it has the same issues. Doesn't samsung have any QA department? How did they released a defective product? How did this monitor got certification from Nvidia is beyond me?

Is samsung aware of this issue? 

Is there a timeframe when the fix will be implemented in firmware or in Nvidia drivers?

i have 28 days to return it and I will and probably most of the people as well if this won't be fixed.

5 REPLIES 5
Pavpavs
First Poster
Options

Hey,

I have exactly the same issue as you. It's a great monitor but clearly it is not G-sync compatible. I have to agree with your statement on it getting certification from Nvidia, baffling.

If you check this link https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

you can see the 27" version is "compatible in an upcoming driver" but the 32" version is supposed to be fine using the 451.48 driver.

The fact that Nvidia has identified a problem with the 27" version but not with the 32" is a little worrying for me & now i'm torn between sending it back for a refund & buying something else or waiting around for a possible driver fix. Obviously i'd like to keep the monitor & have it working as advertised & if i leave it much longer i won't be eligible for a refund.

0 Likes
SadBadPanda
First Poster
Options

I got same problem with 32 inch g7, did update the firmware to latest release did nothing, I think it got worst. Will be taking it back to Microcenter and getting LG 34gn850-B instead. 

Mirr
First Poster
Options

Huh, i was planning to buy this monitor. 😕

0 Likes
hoax7one
Explorer
Options

all,

there is NVIDIA hotfix not available through geforce experience but their website. it mentions only adding support for g-sync for 27 inch G7 but it did help in removing flickering in some games but not in all.

0 Likes
SirCosmin
First Poster
Options

All the issues with the flickering have been resolved by updating the firmware. The monitor is really good and worth buying it! It is also g-sync compatible, just an amazing monitor.

0 Likes