Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician version 7.1.0 update

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 04:16 PM)
SRS76
Navigator
Options
I'm using a 9th gen intel desktop pc with 3 samsung 870 evo ssd and 970 NVMe, samsung Magician version 7.0.0 loads up and scans drivers fine, before had a pop up with newer version of Magician 7.1.0 updated to that and now it's just stuck on scan drivers and won't move past that to get into the Dashboard. 

I've just downgraded it back to version 7.0.0 and it's back to working way it should be.
44 REPLIES 44
Mentorron
Journeyman
Options

This is the 2nd time while having Samsung drives and using Magician that I have encountered a "buggy" version. Hopefully Samsung will fix it soon. The last time took over a month. Doesn't see my NVMe 980 and has problems showing my Kingston SATA too.

0 Likes
BrianEarth
Apprentice
Options

Hi !
Exactly the same issue ...
Nothing appears anymore in my Magician Window 😞
And there is no 'old' version available on Samsung site ...
😞

0 Likes
SimonHookham
Student
Options

My Nvme 980 PRO disappeared completely with v7.1.0 while my SATA 870 QVO and 870 EVO drives were still present. Reverting to V7.0.1 is working perfectly. Time for 7.1.1 to be released to fix things.........

0 Likes
吉田 駆
Apprentice
Options

Yes, BEST to STAY-AWAY from 7.1.0 and STAY at Samsung Magician V.7.0.1 until they fix the bug. 2TB 860 EVO user here. 

Members_RW4X7JZ
Student
Options

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Members_RW4X7JZ
Student
Options

Thanks!

0 Likes
Animo11
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

THE NEW SOFTWARE IS INDEED BUGGY SO BETTER WAIT FOR AN UPDATE FROM SAMSUNG!

Step 1. Uninstall the currently running Samsung Magician. Type “appwiz.cpl” and hit “OK” to open Programs and Features, find out the software, right-click it and select “Uninstall” to remove it.

Step 2. Restart your computer to make changes available. Then, all the occupied file package will be deleted and you can start to install a fresh version.

Step 3. Go to the official download website, download and install the latest version Magician software. After the installation process completes, restart your computer and later see if your SSD can be detected.

0 Likes
Jimbob123123
First Poster
Options

I have a Dell Precision 5540, where I have replaced the SSD with a Samsung 960 Pro 2TB, and increased the RAM to 64GB. I have used the laptop and the SSD for about 15 months. During that time I have always had Magician installed, and have kept it up to date.

I have never, ever had a BSOD with this laptop, nor have I ever had it lock up/freeze, it's the most stable laptop I have ever used.

On Tuesday I got the notification about 7.1.0, so I updated it as I always do. 15 minutes later my laptop had completed locked up, even the caps lock key couldn't toggle the LED. I did a full power off (power button for 6 seconds) and laptop was okay. 30 minutes later, a second hard freeze.

I then uninstalled Magician. Laptop has been fine ever since, no issues.

There is definitely something not right with this release.

Jim

0 Likes
John Customer
Journeyman
Options

NO NO,  do not do what Animo11 wrote above.     Do not uninstall your good working copy of 7.0.   The current ‘new’ download is 7.1.0.770 is buggy as everyone here knows too well.   Even some reports of BSODs.   Super bad advice  from Animo11 👎.

0 Likes
Animo11
Apprentice
Options

You're right the software is indeed buggy ! It was working fine after first reboot but after second reboot later today it gave some errors so I removed it and installed  7.0.1.630 again.