Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician version 7.1.0 update

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 04:16 PM)
SRS76
Navigator
Options
I'm using a 9th gen intel desktop pc with 3 samsung 870 evo ssd and 970 NVMe, samsung Magician version 7.0.0 loads up and scans drivers fine, before had a pop up with newer version of Magician 7.1.0 updated to that and now it's just stuck on scan drivers and won't move past that to get into the Dashboard. 

I've just downgraded it back to version 7.0.0 and it's back to working way it should be.
44 REPLIES 44
SimonHookham
Student
Options

7.1.1.820 installed from within the app (version 7.0.1 that I had reverted to when 7.1 had the issues) and no issues with my 980 Pro, 970 Evo and 970 Qvo

Mentorron
Journeyman
Options

Well, I took a chance, even though they haven't posted it on their downloads page yet and it works ok. It even told me my 980 had a firmware upgrade. *****

Eric_O
First Poster
Options

Just wanted to add a 'same here' ... it's using 3% to 5% CPU on my i5-8500, which seems like a lot for a status monitoring app.

0 Likes
Mentorron
Journeyman
Options

This is the most SM 7.1.1 uses on my 8500. Rest of the time it is too low to list.

usage.jpg

0 Likes
Eric_O
First Poster
Options

I changed from RAID to AHCL in BIOS and am now getting the same low numbers in CPU usage. Magician also wasn't displaying the PCIe version and said 'Driver - unknown' prior to changing to AHCL (and then installing the Samsung driver instead of a Microsoft driver), but now both things are displayed. [970 EVO Plus M2 NVme SSD]

Actually, after all that, I found that the higher CPU usage just happens when Magician is open to the Dashboard tab where it displays real-time temperature. If it is open to another tab like 'Drive Details', the CPU usage drops to 0 - 0.3%.

0 Likes