Samsung Magician not working on Win11

(Topic created on: 02-11-2021 05:10 PM)
KonstantinNOA
Student
Options

Hello all!
Have some problem with start Samsung Magicianimage.pngimage.png
Try reinstall, reboot.. Steal not working
Someone can help me to solve this problem?

17 REPLIES 17
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
What is Samsung Magician anyway? 🤔
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Software that is used to monitor, update and modify samsung SSD's
AndrewL
Options

@KonstantinNOA: It depends which Samsung SSD you have as to which version of Samsung Magician you should download/install. Please try uninstalling your current version, then take a look at the link below to find the relevant version for you. 

SSD Tools & Software | Download | Samsung Semiconductor

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Thanks 😎
0 Likes
Solution
KonstantinNOA
Student
Options

I'm trying to reinstall, uninstall, reinstall OS with update,downgrade, clean install OS from image
Solutions: open Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Services Pack 3)

Lol 😃

KonstantinNOA_0-1635954178293.png

0 Likes
JoergBaermann
Apprentice
Options

Use Samsung Magician 7.0.0, installs and works fine on Windows 11

0 Likes
JAS_1952
Apprentice
Options

The most current version of Samsung Magician does not work under the most current version of Windows 10 with the most recent updates installed. Work arounds do not work, re-install does not fix the problem.

PhelpsX
First Poster
Options

Can confirm! Latest version of Magician isn't working on Win10 with the latest updates.

Sewing1243
Apprentice
Options

There appears to be at least 3 threads running on this issue so I thought I'd post what I found and a possible workaround until Samsung resolves this issue:

"I'm experiencing this issue on 3 Windows 10 PCs (1 Windows 10 Pro 64 and 2 Windows 10 Home 64) that all have Samsung SSD drives installed. What I've tried so far is:
Uninstall and reinstall the App, run Windows sfc /scannow utility, and close the SamsungMagicianSVC task in Task Manager and then relaunch the app.

Uninstall/reinstall didn't help, the Window's sfc utility found and fixed an issue on all 3 PCs but I don't believe it resolved the issue, and the one sure work around is end the SamsungMagicianSVC task (an option everyone can try is just restart that service in the services tab in task manager, but that didn't appear to work every time) and relaunch the App."

0 Likes