Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician 6.3.0 causes PerfProc and Perflib errors on Windows 10

(Topic created on: 27-03-2021 07:51 PM)
Vltm
Apprentice
Options

After installing Samsung Magician 6.3.0, I've noticed the following new errors in the event log:

• Source: PerfProc Event ID: 2002 Desc: "Unable to open the job object \BaseNamedObjects\WmiProviderSubSystemHostJob for query access. The calling process may not have permission to open this job. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code."
  • Source: Perflib Event ID: 1023 Desc: "Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysmain.dll" (Win32 error code The specified module could not be found.)."

Uninstalling Samsung Magician 6.3 or removing it from startup stops these errors from appearing. However, as soon as I open Magician, they appear again. These errors do not appear with Samsung Magician 6.2.x.

Any ideas how to get rid of them? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Vltm 

Did you manage to find a solution to this?

0 Likes
Vltm
Apprentice
Options

No, I reverted back to version 6.2.1. Looks like this error is caused by a new feature in 6.3 that allows a user to monitor SSD's temperature and other parameters via a small window in the notification area. It seems to me that this functionality incorrectly uses system counters in one way or another and causes these errors.

0 Likes
R1chi
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same Problem, wondering for hours where that Error is coming from.

It would be nice to get a fix for that!

0 Likes
Koskadelli
First Poster
Options

Thank you for submitting this - have been wondering where these errors were coming from. Awaiting a solution here. 

0 Likes