Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung G8 after sleep fails to find displayport

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 03:51 PM)
ebilcake
Explorer
Options

Is there a fix for this? Seems kinda stupid having to force power off and restart the PC to get the monitor to see the PC again.

Turned off the option to turn off the monitor for now in power settings, but it's OLED so ideally I want it to turn off after  15 minutes of no activity. 

73 REPLIES 73
Yehya LATTI
Student
Options

Hi,

Same behavior here, I guess it's not a bug but a great feature... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
79paweld
Student
Options
Hi. I recently bought this monitor and I also have the same thing. It's getting a little frustrating. Quite often I have to turn the PC off and on again for the monitor to work again on the displayport input. It's already annoying me. From time to time my settings and calibrations also change they reset. Anyone know anything about it? If there will be no patch or update for a long time, I will think about returning it.
0 Likes
79paweld
Student
Options
  • Hi. I recently bought this monitor (22th april,in popular polish electric store) and I also have the same thing. It's getting a little frustrating. Quite often I have to turn the PC off and on again for the monitor to work again on the displayport input. It's already annoying me. From time to time my settings and calibrations also change they reset. Anyone know anything about it? If there will be no patch or update for a long time, I will think about returning it.
0 Likes
Yehya LATTI
Student
Options

Hi,

I found on a reddit a kind of trick to bypass this bug, they recommend to enter your password "blindly..." and then press "Win + Alt + B" this will enable/disable the HDR mode, and it worked for me.

And another shortcut you could try is : "Win + Ctrl + Shift + B" (it should restart gpu driver)

I didn't try that one yet, I will when this dumb G8 freezes again...

ebilcake
Explorer
Options

Wish I saw this earlier, just lost some work due to this "feature" again. Turned toff the monitor to grab something to eat, came back and can't see the PC again... 😕

EDIT: Sadly, doesn't seem to work for me. Tried today with no success and had to power off again. 

0 Likes
Funkadelic
First Poster
Options

Just like to add that I have exactly the same problem. Windows 11, RTX4090, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-F.

0 Likes
EAR_1968
First Poster
Options
Same problem here with a RTX 3090.
0 Likes
Mightymoo
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue. My wife also goes nuts when this happens and wants me to return the monitor.

I "solved" this the following way:

1. Go to "Power plan" in Windows

2. "Turn off display": NEVER

3. "Put the computer to sleep": NEVER

4. Put on screen saver (I personally set 10 mins)

This has to be set up for all user profiles.

I turn off the screen via the remote if I am away for a while.

Samsung, get your stuff together on this one!

0 Likes
RaimondasB
First Poster
Options

Hi,

having same issue with RTX 4090 DisplayPort 

0 Likes
SuperDenton
Journeyman
Options

Having similar issue. For me when i turn off the monitor it wont recognize signal from display port again when turned on. PC is not turned off or put to sleep. RTX 4090, Windows 11, 

0 Likes