Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung G8 after sleep fails to find displayport

(Topic created on: 03-04-2023 01:51 PM)
ebilcake
Explorer
Options

Is there a fix for this? Seems kinda stupid having to force power off and restart the PC to get the monitor to see the PC again.

Turned off the option to turn off the monitor for now in power settings, but it's OLED so ideally I want it to turn off after  15 minutes of no activity. 

73 REPLIES 73
JonathanNim
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, very annoying

Members_vyFwQTg
First Poster
Options

***** Samsung. I have this issue since I bought the device. No fix . This is premium and should be handled differently. Not even an answer from support ! 

villeee100
Apprentice
Options

monitor cant either autoswitch between DP and HDMI when 2 devices are connected. Same sleep issues here as well...

ebilcake
Explorer
Options

Not gonna lie, surprised this hasn't been fixed. Expected better from Samsung.

Annoying, this sometimes happens when manually turning the monitor off and on again, occasionally it won't find the signal and I have to restart... 

JohnVall
First Poster
Options

This has been an annoying occurrence an since purchasing this monitor an I expected better since my Samsung TV has no problem finding both sources. I do not like that there is no simple input menu on the remote but only on the button on back of the monitor. This problem has even caused my work to disappear or force me to keep logging in specially with 2 factor.

BeefCake117
First Poster
Options

This seems to be a common Samsung issue.

I have the exact same issue over two Samsung monitors across Mac and Windows and both USB c and display port inputs.

When it goes to sleep I have to either restart my device or physically replug it into the monitor. Not great for a £1000 monitor 

0 Likes
FindYourZero
First Poster
Options

I just bought the S34BG850SC...  Can confirm while connecting via Displayport, cannot wake up the monitor from sleep (the monitor wont' turn on) unless I reboot... 

0 Likes
ebilcake
Explorer
Options

Not fixed in recent update, it's made no difference. 

villeee100
Apprentice
Options

Yeah still the same issue. Wondering how long they will need to fix this issue.. Its not working as a monitor now cus of the sleep issue. Could have bought a tv instead. Samsung please