Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung ChromeBook Go - not connecting to a Samsung USB C Monitor

(Topic created on: 30-12-2023 10:17 AM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I decided to keep rather than selling this freebie Chromebook (came with my sons ZFlip5) as i was paying nearly £600 over 3 years for a dreadful school Acer Chromebook which was hardly ever used at school, but it did work with my Samsung USB C M70A Monitor (charge and display).

So frustrated to find the Samsung Chromebook Go is not working (display or charging) when the Acer Chromebook and various Dell laptops work also.

Any ideas anyone?
Reading up it appears i might need and adaptor for display, but then this will not charge.

I assumed the Samsung Chromebook Go would work in my Samsung Ecosystem.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Seems I solved my issue, turns out that yet another compatible cable drama, i resorted to buying a Google Chromebook certified cable for £20, in the hope i could replace my £30 USB C cable that works with Dell/Samsung Windows, but not Chromebooks.

All along Google and others advised an HMDI adapter which was a stupid idea as then I had no way to keep the Chromebook powered (it only has USB C, nothing else).

Sad i now have around 6 circa £30 USB C to USB C cables, the struggle is real.

Anyway, the new cable is by far the most robust, in construction and the port connection is more positive, for anyone interested the cable is ...

Cable Matters [Works with Chromebook Certified, USB-IF Certified] USB 3.1 Gen 2 USB C to USB C Cable...

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Seems I solved my issue, turns out that yet another compatible cable drama, i resorted to buying a Google Chromebook certified cable for £20, in the hope i could replace my £30 USB C cable that works with Dell/Samsung Windows, but not Chromebooks.

All along Google and others advised an HMDI adapter which was a stupid idea as then I had no way to keep the Chromebook powered (it only has USB C, nothing else).

Sad i now have around 6 circa £30 USB C to USB C cables, the struggle is real.

Anyway, the new cable is by far the most robust, in construction and the port connection is more positive, for anyone interested the cable is ...

Cable Matters [Works with Chromebook Certified, USB-IF Certified] USB 3.1 Gen 2 USB C to USB C Cable...

0 Likes